Confirmed Trade: [WSH/CGY] Andrew Mangiapane for 2025 (Colorado) 2nd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You gotta develop those. Nobody's giving up those kinds of players for nothing.

Rebuilds take time and Calgary's has been needed for some time now.
Agreed. I've been advocating this since Gaudreau left and Tkachuk wanted out.

I'm a jersey curse. Giordano, multiple Gaudreau's, Monahan, Tkachuk, Mangiapane. of course Iggy and Fleury as well as a few others. Lol.
Buy vintage jerseys. I'm 40. I have a rule I don't buy jerseys for guys younger than me. Only one left in the league who I can buy is Giordano.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Man people are overthinking this trade. We have plenty of second line wingers and plenty of young players to compete.

Not to mention for 6 million in cap we could get a replacement tomorrow. This doesn't signify anything for Calgary
It signifies we are getting smarter. We have plenty of middle six wingers. If we're doing anything it should be at C, D or a W on a 1 year deal to flip. Like what St. Louis and Toronto did.

Reactions: viper0220

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Agreed. I've been advocating this since Gaudreau left and Tkachuk wanted out.

Buy vintage jerseys. I'm 40. I have a rule I don't buy jerseys for guys younger than me. Only one left in the league who I can buy is Giordano.
Good idea, I always jump the gun when they announce a new jersey.
I do have a blank retro reverse pedestal jersey, but I have no idea who to put on it.
Other jerseys I have is a Backlund, Kipper, and Joe Mullen was my first Flames jersey.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We've already seen teams shedding cap having to give up additional assets to make the deal. 2nd plus at deadline when his cap hit is diminished is a given. $5.8 million is a lot for 14 goals.
I had his value pegged at a 3rd if we moved him now. His value isn't in offense. He's a high end defensive winger. Like a poor man's Coleman.

Reactions: Boomstick

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
5.8 million for a diminishing asset. Flames are kinda lucky they didn't have to pay to get rid of him.

Yar, he had one big season but hasn’t scored 20+ goals otherwise. Jumps off the screen, but isn’t actually that effective. Fun player, helps keep Washington from being too awful (hopefully), but I’d move on as well, in Calgary’s spot.

Reactions: BLNY

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Good idea, I always jump the gun when they announce a new jersey.
I do have a blank retro reverse pedestal jersey, but I have no idea who to put on it.
Other jerseys I have is a Backlund, Kipper, and Joe Mullen was my first Flames jersey.
I have a Glencross with the Alberta flag on the shoulder. I can't decide between Glencross, Backlund or Nieuwendyk on who my favorite all time Flame is.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Same here. It was an obvious turning point and the Flames blew a tire.
The trade was fine, we just should have been selling Huberdeau and Weegar at the TDL. Get a prospect and 1st for each of them and we could have actually done a quick turn re-tool at that point in 3 years. Now it'll be 5 or 6 years minimum.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
You really don’t know what you are talking about . Stick with the Canucks

Mangiapane got that bloated contract based on 30 good games. Glad that fool is running the Leafs now.

6M for a 40 pt player that can’t stay up on his skates.
I don't care that Mangiapane falls a lot. I get sick of that narrative. 5.8M is too much for a small defensive winger who isn't likely to score more than 20 most seasons.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Damn, as a Pens fan (can’t talk too much smack because my team is also in no man’s land)…

Just have to chuckle at what the Caps are doing. What a waste of great cap space. Mangia and PLD for almost $15 million in space.

That's awful.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Mangiapane is alright, but one of the more frustrating players to watch. Falls a lot and hits goalies crests often.

Surprised we got more than a 5th for him. He's not good.

Reactions: JKG33

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Mangiapane is alright, but one of the more frustrating players to watch. Falls a lot and hits goalies crests often.

Surprised we got more than a 5th for him. He's not good.
He does hit goalies in the chest a lot and fall a lot. He's still an effective shutdown winger. One of the best at that aspect of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad