Confirmed Trade: [WSH/CGY] Andrew Mangiapane for 2025 (Colorado) 2nd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I'm genuinely confused by what Washington is doing. Are they just propping up Ovechkin's corpse to go for the record at the expense of literally everything else? They're not contenders, they're gaining nothing from 16th place, they're collecting meh players on expensive deals. What am I missing?
Yes.

Lou Sassole

Oct 15, 2020
Hey if he can be a 20g20a for the middle-6, great

can also be a TDL chip to flip if WSH is out of the race next season

a bit random for WSH, but WSH needs to pick up 30GF at least over last year, every bit helps
Could mean they have a heads up that Oshie isn't gonna play this year.

Reactions: SnS

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Boys, I’m gonna take the L, I think he just killed the Canucks completely clouded my view, my bad
The thing is there was a point in time where he legitimately was a killer, top 6 player. It was just somewhat short lived and he really cashed in on it.

He’s a totally fine top 9 scorer and he has his moments. With the right linemates maybe he can get to that top 6 level again but it wasn’t gonna happen here.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Interesting. If there's no retention I'm pretty happy with the deal. Was just discussing a 3rd or Krebs for him with Sabres fans.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Nice. Room for Coronato and Pelletier on the roster.

He’s a solid player. You’ll like him
I think Pelletier has just had too many injuries during development time. He won't have enough runway. His personality will get him this season, but if he doesn't pop I think he'll be gone.

MileHighCapsFan

Mar 12, 2007
I'm genuinely confused by what Washington is doing. Are they just propping up Ovechkin's corpse to go for the record at the expense of literally everything else? They're not contenders, they're gaining nothing from 16th place, they're collecting meh players on expensive deals. What am I missing?
When all the contracts on the roster expire.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Calgary giving up before the season's even started.

It's what most Flames fans want so good. Multiple reasons: A) The most important reason which is the Flames don't want Montreal getting our 1st, and B) our team clearly needs a re-build and Conroy is doing everything to signal that even though we're barred from saying the word.

Conroy is doing the opposite of Treliving, trading out guys for picks rather than wasting picks on bums. Guy is super smart and seems to have learned a lot of lessons with Treliving, aka do the opposite of most things Treliving did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad