Confirmed Trade: [WSH/CGY] Andrew Mangiapane for 2025 (Colorado) 2nd round pick

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s a fair price for a really good even strength middle six player in his prime who isn’t cheap. If he were a bit cheaper, he’d have gotten a lot more. Not saying he’s overpaid, it’s just not a value-add contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Small middle six wingers on expensive contracts aren't worth anything. So i guess it's solid that the Flames managed a 2nd a year from now for him, without any retention or cap offset coming back.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm genuinely confused by what Washington is doing. Are they just propping up Ovechkin's corpse to go for the record at the expense of literally everything else? They're not contenders, they're gaining nothing from 16th place, they're collecting meh players on expensive deals. What am I missing?

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
That’s a absolutely brutal trade for Calgary.

(update: OK his stats are worse than I thought, I’m downgrading too bad not brutal lmao)

Mangiapane is one of the most underrated players in the league, would love to have him on Vancouver
I thought he was better too. Maybe just cause we saw him so often...

Reactions: Canucks LB

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It’s a fair price for a really good even strength middle six player in his prime who isn’t cheap. If he were a bit cheaper, he’d have gotten a lot more. Not saying he’s overpaid, it’s just not a value-add contract.

Where do you think Calgary wants to use their other two retention slots? Or are they planning to spend to the cap this year? Mangiapane feels like the right guy to retain 50% for to get a higher pick for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad