GDT: WQSF | III | "Momma Said Knock You Out" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.12.24 | 7:30PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Canada doesn't have a team. I don't know why people keep talking about Canadas team. We all hate each other and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if we are speaking of biggest hockey city it’s obviously Toronto and Montreal .
Agreed.

Canada has one team… it’s team Canada when they are in international play. Other than that, I would agree almost all Canadian NHL teams are in the bottom 6th of list of NHL teams I would cheer for… and I suspect that is the same with every other Canadian fan base, generally speaking.

For some reason I have a weak spot for the Jets and Sens (to a lesser extent).

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
100% I would, but I am objective in my “cheering against” and don’t make shit up.

Iginla was one of my favorite NHL players of all time. Mad respect for MacInnis, Nieuwendyk, Roberts, Tanev, Lindholm, Lanny, Weegar and, of course, Flames legend Grant Fuhr!

Who are your favorite Oilers and ones you have respect for? :popcorn:

Blind hatred and rage posting when your team is not involved seems weird and sad.

EDIT: actually, I need to correct my statement, not “100%”, 97%… I would cheer for the Flames if they met the Canucks. I feel then Flames fans are true to their team and actively engage in hockey talk regardless if they are good/bad… whereas so many (not all) Canuck fans are closet fans, only engage in hockey talk when there team is good.
I don't like any Oilers players.

Reactions: Summer Rose

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Canada doesn't have a team. I don't know why people keep talking about Canadas team. We all hate each other and I wouldn't have it any other way. But if we are speaking of biggest hockey city its obviously Toronto and Montreal .

Cmon
If you're a true Van fan you'll know that at start of year media dubbed them Canada's Team. With one F ing Canadian on roster!
Anyway just stirring shit. Agree if you cheer for another team because of... anything, you're disloyal!

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(Series Tied 1-1)

Game Day: Sunday May 12th 2024
Game Time: 7:30 PM
Broadcast: SN / CBC

-----

OIG3.T6.3XIkE8NciR61QbWsd

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

GAME 2

-----

Why do we have an Oiler biased game day thread in the main boards. Take that graphic down or add a "Coilers" logo to even things out.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
So like every game of his existence in this league. Nah we wouldn’t be like that, we’re used to it.
I’m not sure what you’re suppose to do though.

If you call it by the rule book, McDavid would draw a penalty every possession and if you called it normally he would get one every shift and send the most potent power play since I’ve been alive out.

I know it wasn’t your point but I’m honestly genuinely wondering what the solution is for a player like McDavid. Only call the egregious ones or ones that take away a prime scoring chance? If we have to do that for McDavid that should apply to everyone else on the ice as well to keep it consistent.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

He s whining about embellishment… and the fact it’s not called. Doesn’t take a genius to read between the lines… he’s whining about officiating without getting fined.

Pure projection by Tocchet was so obvious. Knew it right when he said it, cause the truth is McDavid and Drai do not embellish. I wish they did more, but they are TOO honorable.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’m not sure what you’re suppose to do though.

If you call it by the rule book, McDavid would draw a penalty every possession and if you called it normally he would get one every shift and send the most potent power play since I’ve been alive out.

I know it wasn’t your point but I’m honestly genuinely wondering what the solution is for a player like McDavid. Only call the egregious ones or ones that take away a prime scoring chance? If we have to do that for McDavid that should apply to everyone else on the ice as well to keep it consistent.
These types of calculations shouldn’t be made in a legitimate League. You call the rule book and that’s that. It’s the only way to find that rare and elusive consistency everyone wants. It’s the only way to officiate that’s truly fair.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
These types of calculations shouldn’t be made in a legitimate League. You call the rule book and that’s that. It’s the only way to find that rare and elusive consistency everyone wants. It’s the only way to officiate that’s truly fair.

Yes and no.
Hockey could never and has never been officiated strictly by the rules. It can't be. The game would be 4-5 hours l9ng if every infraction was called.

In my opinion the refs who can differentiate what needs to be called for either team AT ANY TIME, score notwithstanding, are the best. You're seems to be very few in today's game though.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I agree, I wonder what the league would look like.

Would teams let McDavid streak in untouched or take the penalty and put them on power play?

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Oh...
I'll also add that I 100% believe in game management but not conspiracy against any specific team. Saying that though I really feel there's a bias and hesitation to call penalties against Edm due to our PP.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes and no.
Hockey could never and has never been officiated strictly by the rules. It can't be. The game would be 4-5 hours l9ng if every infraction was called.

In my opinion the refs who can differentiate what needs to be called for either team AT ANY TIME, score notwithstanding, are the best. You're seems to be very few in today's game though.
Well the rulebook is written with subjectivity in nearly every call. So yes it’s always been like this, which is why you’ll always have complaints about shitty/inconsistent officiating. A League shouldn’t need to hope and pray they get one of the “good” officials on any given night to have good officiating. That’s a system that will never give the consistency fans, players, coaches want.

Oh...
I'll also add that I 100% believe in game management but not conspiracy against any specific team. Saying that though I really feel there's a bias and hesitation to call penalties against Edm due to our PP.
Yes. I’d agree game management is a thing. I don’t even think it’s up for debate anymore, the Tim Peel leak pretty much confirmed it.

Last edited:

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Well the rulebook is written with subjectivity in nearly every call. So yes it’s always been like this, which is why you’ll always have complaints about shitty/inconsistent officiating. A League should need to hope and pray they get one of the “good” officials on any given night to have good officiating. That’s a system that will never give the consistency fans, players, coaches want.

Agree.
For me, two ref system, although necessary, could have been taught and performed better. Also 'back in the day' you knew refs as they had their names on back. I think it was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad