GDT: WQSF | II | "Response" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.10.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Skinner is 88.4% in his career in the playoffs over a 19 game sample which is getting to be a pretty solid sample size.

Campbell is 92% in the playoffs in his career... again an 18 game sample.

Skinner isn't IT if the guy the Oilers refuse to even play at all... is 3.6% better than Skinner,

At the very least... put Pickard in.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Welp, this feels to me like a season-defining period coming up.

It's easy as hell to put a ton of blame on Skinner - he certainly can't be letting in shots like that Zadorov goal - but most of the forwards and much of the defense aren't playing up to an acceptable level either.

They aren't even going to make this a decent series at this rate, and the Oilers will surpass the Leafs as the laughing stock of these playoffs if they manage to get swept by these Canucks.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I honestly think after every bad game Skinner ask the coaches for a redemption game or playoff series and it’s stupid of the coaches to trust him over and over

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Oil absolutely cannot afford to lose tonight! Skins just isn't a playoff goalie yet.. Sadly. They need to play thier game and not this bs passive/wait for a reaction type crap. It's pathetic!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I think Skinner just doesn't have another level mentally. He's like RNH, just a type of person that is happy to be there and enjoy the moment.

I mean, it's no real disrespect, there's a lot of people out there that are grounded and do their jobs and go home. That's a fine mentality if you're working in an office or on a construction site. Doesn't really work as a professional athlete.

Hrudey praises that he always bounces back and never gets down or let's anything bother him. In my opinion, that's also his biggest weakness because he never seems to get mad and recognize that he needs to fix his shit or it's bust time.
There was that whole video they produced about Skinner talking about how he was playing with anxiety. That shit doesn't go away permanently and we're seeing it now imo. Will keep him from ever being a goalie you win the cup with.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The shift before the Canucks scored. The play was in the Oilers zone and Skinner was in his crouch but about a foot out of position. He’s routinely losing his net in this series. Probably because he’s rattled by the speed of the Canucks forwards. This is what he looks like when he goes off the rails. He should have been pulled after that goal and better not be in the net to start the third. Pickard has to start game 3.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Bieksa’s patience with Ron while having to explain it to him was admirable

the only thing that irritates me more than MacLean's personality in general is his input as a "minor hockey referee".

i mean i get him wanting to give people that insight of how to govern chaos incarnate, but like he needs to realize HOCKEY CANADA RULES ARE NOT NHL RULES and the game is called differently as a result.

Example: too many men: Ron is right, in HC rules you only give the penalty if the players play the puck with too many men; but that's not how its called in the NHL. Here since the game moves SIGNIFICANTLY faster, you can't call based on possession but also on positioning. That's where Bieksa nails the difference.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Welp, this feels to me like a season-defining period coming up.

It's easy as hell to put a ton of blame on Skinner - he certainly can't be letting in shots like that Zadorov goal - but most of the forwards and much of the defense aren't playing up to an acceptable level either.

They aren't even going to make this a decent series at this rate, and the Oilers will surpass the Leafs as the laughing stock of these playoffs if they manage to get swept by these Canucks.
Mcleod doing absolutely nothing in particular.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Been saying that since Holland got here.
A lot of us have, me included. There were a lot of goalies on the market the year Ullmark was a free agent. What did that f***ing clown of a GM do? Extended an over the hill Smith two weeks before free agency even opened.

f***ing Holland, thank f*** his contract is up. Need a ruthless GM like what’s his nuts in Vegas. Don’t like your play. Traded.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Lol on TNT Lundquist is just ripping Skinner's fundamentals, says they're some of the weakest he's seen at the NHL level.

I wonder if any posters here have been saying that for a long time and been flamed for it...
It's been pointed out a number of times. Somehow he hasn't fixed a f***ing thing over the course of 82 games. And who's still employed, and still working through multiple regime changes? That asshole schwartz. Man f*** that guy, and f*** Skinner.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Get this Fred Skinner clown out of the net before our playoffs are over. By miles he is the worst Oilers goalie I've ever seen in playoffs. I mean he's in Conklin territory of inept.. WTF how is he not pulled? We need this game.

Skinner would out goalied by a mosquito. What a useless f***ing sod.
Theres no way they run it back with him next year.

him in the playoffs is worse than any version we've seen here of Jack Campbell.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The shift before the Canucks scored. The play was in the Oilers zone and Skinner was in his crouch but about a foot out of position. He’s routinely losing his net in this series. Probably because he’s rattled by the speed of the Canucks forwards. This is what he looks like when he goes off the rails. He should have been pulled after that goal and better not be in the net to start the third. Pickard has to start game 3.
I agree but would be shocked if he's actually pulled. At this point I'd be glaring at him if I was McDrai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad