GDT: WQSF | I | "Regularly Scheduled Programming" | Oilers @ Canucks | Rogers Arena | 5.8.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

LW1, I choose you!

• Mattias Janmark

• Warren Foegele

• Connor Brown

• Dylan Holloway

• Corey Perry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
3 hours to go...

Blood pressure is already starting to rise.
1715210675723.gif

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
If we had an uncensored hockey website, the mains would be like this:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Pretty nervous about this first game. The media prognosticators are predominantly selecting the Oilers to win.. and I worry about this team reading and believing their own hype, instead of putting in the effort and work required to win every night. Please do not f*** this up and lose, and especially not to that unworthy 'fan' base. Biggest bunch of bandwagon jumpers around.

Reactions: harpoon

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Apparently Vegas isn't too happy with the way that their LTIR was managed this year, and they need to pour resources into the area to take it to the next level, and are looking for a VP of LTIR Management. My bet is they hire former Oiler Joffrey Loophole for the position. ;)

That organization is so unscrupulous that I'm not even sure if your first sentence is a joke.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Pretty nervous about this first game. The media prognosticators are predominantly selecting the Oilers to win.. and I worry about this team reading and believing their own hype, instead of putting in the effort and work required to win every night. Please do not f*** this up and lose, and especially not to that unworthy 'fan' base. Biggest bunch of bandwagon jumpers around.
I don’t think the core will fall into that mindset. They’re seasoned now. And if we do drop game 1, even if it’s a bad loss, think back to Calgary. The oilers have faced adversity every step of the way, they know it better than anyone now.

I don’t know what to expect game 1. I just really want to win this game and set the tone, have Vancouver scrambling for answers with us in command.

I’m surrounded by Nucks fans, please McJesus and the whole team bring your absolute best

Edit: as far as bandwagons go, you could barely tell there was an nhl team last year, everyone was so f***ing down on them and tuning it out. I was the only one I knew in this city that called the Nucks to make the playoffs before the season started, not one Canuck fan agreed with me.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don’t think the core will fall into that mindset. They’re seasoned now. And if we do drop game 1, even if it’s a bad loss, think back to Calgary. The oilers have faced adversity every step of the way, they know it better than anyone now.

I don’t know what to expect game 1. I just really want to win this game and set the tone, have Vancouver scrambling for answers with us in command.

I’m surrounded by Nucks fans, please McJesus and the whole team bring your absolute best
Can only hope they aren't the same clowns who completely shat the bed to start the season, and then had to go on a crazy, sustained run just to get back into it. Please let them set the table with this one, blow them up and as you said, have Vancouver panicking.

From what I gather they're going to be pretty greasy this series too, there have been borderline dirty plays from the likes of Zadorov, Myers, etc. Please beat these assholes and their moron fan base.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton

Edit: as far as bandwagons go, you could barely tell there was an nhl team last year, everyone was so f***ing down on them and tuning it out. I was the only one I knew in this city that called the Nucks to make the playoffs before the season started, not one Canuck fan agreed with me.
I was in Vancouver last year on a work trip and was in attendance for the game against the Bruins where Ullmark scored.

It was great

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I bet my underwear on it.

From Oilers TV:: Knoblauch mentioned this week that Janmark will start on the top line.

We can expect to see a regular rotation of players in 1LW while Henrique is out.
Never has a pair of underwear sacrificed as much, as your’s this season!
We are not worthy!,,

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Kozari reffed games historically have lead to a 2-1 ratio of power plays for the other team. That guy really can hold a grudge.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
McDavid said how the Oil were going to remember it when the Canucks kept running out the top PP unit in a blowout game at the start of the year, then came those posts about "cup or bust" making fun of us after our start on Canucks forums. I need sweet revenge

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad