Proposal: WPG - VAN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I've got to get my eye test kit together. I didn't think he was bad in the Jets' games I've watched. Huh. Maybe I'm just setting the bar at Boeser and Pettersson.

And I think that second paragraph is fair, but I also feel the defensive side of the game is easier for teams to fill, compared to being able to score, which again, Schiefele mops the floor with Horvat in.

Sure, I mean PLD and Horvat is still a solid duo up the middle but I find it hard to believe that if the Jets do a big shakeup and move on from Scheif that swapping him for Bo is really gonna get Jets fans hearts racing or anything. You might be a less frustrating team from game to game but you’ve probably also just seriously handicapped your upside.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sure, I mean PLD and Horvat is still a solid duo up the middle but I find it hard to believe that if the Jets do a big shakeup and move on from Scheif that swapping him for Bo is really gonna get Jets fans hearts racing or anything. You might be a less frustrating team from game to game but you’ve probably also just seriously handicapped your upside.

Exactly.

And I have said from the outset, value aside, this seems like a move for the sake of a move, more then fitting needs for either side. I'd love Scheifele and Horvat, as I'm sure Jets fans would too, but that's a whole other can of bees we don't need to open.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not the one saying there's a rift between them, The OP is the one suggesting a rumored rift between the two.

And almost immediately walks it back. My mistake, I must have stopped reading in self defense.

You did say you expect Miller to be out the door in 5 weeks though, which for a whole bunch of reasons is seeming less likely. Unless....you have a new source for us?

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Big no for the Canucks. We are looking to go younger. Could do this if the Jets add a nice sweetener but NO to a 1 for 1

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Say hypothetically the Canucks and Miller come to an agreement and he chooses to stay on a decent deal as Vancouver clearly knows he’s the play driver and most important forward on the team.
Winnipeg has been spinning its wheels for some time now and things look to be getting pretty stale like Paul Maurice suggested, they could use a shakeup theoretically.

WPG: Bo Horvat
VAN: Mark Scheifele

With Rumours of a rift between Bo and Miller
(I don’t see it) maybe both teams flip Centers as Bo looks like a playoff warrior and Scheiflele would give Vancouver a RHS Center down the middle.
Maybe some adds in there but with new management in Van I could see them being open to a shakeup due to no loyalties.
Extremely interesting trade, honestly I’ll probably do it

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Say hypothetically the Canucks and Miller come to an agreement and he chooses to stay on a decent deal as Vancouver clearly knows he’s the play driver and most important forward on the team.
Winnipeg has been spinning its wheels for some time now and things look to be getting pretty stale like Paul Maurice suggested, they could use a shakeup theoretically.

WPG: Bo Horvat
VAN: Mark Scheifele

With Rumours of a rift between Bo and Miller
(I don’t see it) maybe both teams flip Centers as Bo looks like a playoff warrior and Scheiflele would give Vancouver a RHS Center down the middle.
Maybe some adds in there but with new management in Van I could see them being open to a shakeup due to no loyalties.

So the reasoning for Winnipeg is that Horvat "looks like a playoff warrior"?
What about when Scheifele had 14 goals in 17 playoff games (including the most road goals ever in a single postseason)?

Reactions: Adam da bomb
Feb 19, 2018
So the reasoning for Winnipeg is that Horvat "looks like a playoff warrior"?
What about when Scheifele had 14 goals in 17 playoff games (including the most road goals ever in a single postseason)?
I’m not taking away from that but I can’t comment enough as Bo hasn’t had that many opportunities in the playoffs, when he has he’s been unreal. Both players are legit team Canada quality players and heart and soul guys.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
No way the Jets would do this. It's not like this is early 2010's Sid (Schiefele) vs Toews (Horvat), in which the former was the better offensive player but Toews' two-way game makes up for the difference in scoring. It's tough to argue that Bo is on Schiefele's level.

Reactions: Huffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad