Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] G Kaapo Kahkonen signs with the Jets (1 year, $1M)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Kahkonen was running out of spots, so he looks like he had to settle for a cheap deal. Maybe he saw what Laurent Brossoit got today and Kahkonen could try to replicate that sort of season.

Somebody on the TSN broadcast mentioned that Connor Hellebuyck admitted to being fatigued in the playoffs, so I wonder if they try to slightly reduce his workload.

Reactions: hn777

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Kahkonen was running out of spots, so he looks like he had to settle for a cheap deal. Maybe he saw what Laurent Brossoit got today and Kahkonen could try to replicate that sort of season.

Somebody on the TSN broadcast mentioned that Connor Hellebuyck admitted to being fatigued in the playoffs, so I wonder if they try to slightly reduce his workload.
the person on tsn speculated that helle would admit he was fatigued, he pretty much just made that up

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Still a decent gamble at that price for a year. Jets seem to have a knack for rehabilitating/establishing decent backup goalies. And Kahkonen seems like he still has some decent potential. Hard to judge playing on a terribad Sharks team, and small sample with the Devils that's hard to read much into. But he's got athletic ability and looked really promising with Minnesota and has had flashes since. Might just need his mental game adjusted, where being able to sit in a low pressure gig behind Hellebuyck might do the trick.

Worst case...it's basically hedged against Comrie. See who grabs the job i guess, other guy hits waivers and probably clears.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad