Would you take Shesterkin over Vasilevskiy?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you take Shesterkin over Vasilevskiy if you were building a new team today?

• Yes easily

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Yes but I'd have to think twice first

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • No but I would consider it

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • No chance

Votes: 9 7.9%

• Total voters

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Vasi gets his propers, it is no distespect at this point to say shesterkin is obviously a better bet moving forward right now

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean, Vasilevsky is very old and starting to break down. So yeah...easily.

But i'd still take Sorokin over either to build around. Despite a down year. Although, kind of depends on what his own injury situation is, if it's going to turn into a Demko or Price type thing, i'm out.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I mean, Vasilevsky is very old and starting to break down. So yeah...easily.

But i'd still take Sorokin over either to build around. Despite a down year. Although, kind of depends on what his own injury situation is, if it's going to turn into a Demko or Price type thing, i'm out.
You don't want the guy who is breaking down, but want Sorokin who just had back surgery?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You don't want the guy who is breaking down, but want Sorokin who just had back surgery?

Provisionally.

I'm not a doctor, and i certainly don't have a lot of details about what exactly that entailed, so i'm not sure how likely Sorokin's deal is to become a recurring issue or start of that downhill spiral.

But to me, it seems pretty clear that Vasilevskiy has already "crossed the Rubicon" so to speak. He's into that period where things start to pop up and detract from his performance even when he is "healthy".

With Sorokin, it's more of a mystery. Which is where...a lot of what we're doing choosing between these three is just...guesstimating from an armchair about how their health will hold up...vs what sort of performance level we think they're capable of when healthy.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd pretty easily take Shesterkin going forward based on their past few years but I gotta say i'm actually kinda shocked to learn that there's only a year and a half of age difference in between them based on where it feels like their careers are at

I guess it's because Shesterkin spent so much longer in Russia before coming over but I never would have guessed that he wasn't more like 4-5 years younger

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Vasi aint done, wishful thinking and classic HF boards not understanding injuries actually effect performance and players dont get better over night.
And sometimes they don't ever get back to their previous level, especially goalies who have such tiny margin for error in their play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad