Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

• Yes

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • No, time to move on

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
There's no way they're trading Bennett, even if they don't plan to re-sign him, they're definitely getting one more run out of him while this core is in their prime. Similarly, Ek with Forsling works really well, Ek plays well within this system, and he's a RD which we don't have many of. He's also come in in the best shape he's been in many years. Even if you have a plan to replace him with someone next year, why trade him now? We have an excellent top pair with him. Add to that if you want, don't switcheroo with our top pair that has proven to work very well for two Cup runs. We are past the point of collecting draft picks. I'm not saying trade them all away, we need to focus on the future too, but if you're gonna go on a run, then go all in. In a couple years, all the core players will be over 30 except Chucky and Lundell.

There's no reason to trade Knight either unless they can really land a big fish at the deadline. He's trending towards being Bob's replacemenf in a couple years. He had a good year in the A, and has started this season well including preseason.
I agree with all you said, except for about Knight. If our window is say the next three years AND Knight can get us a top 4D, I'd make the deal. We can always re-up Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad