Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

• Yes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • No, time to move on

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Ha. Ek isn’t easily intimidated.

IMG_1103.jpeg

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I think at that price you HAVE to take him back. Just because there isnt a worthwhile replacement to be had. Not many RD are available for free agency. Not signing a capable top pairing partner for Forsling would be a huge mistake going forward, also his advanced metrics are phenomenal he really is one of the best defensive players in the league. It would be crushing to not replace that especially at a fair price.

You guys are deranged if you wouldn't take a top pair RHD at $4.5m AAV.

Exactly, a whole lot of uneducated, idiotic takes in this one.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
I voted no.
Time to move on but if we were going to sign him.
No more than 2 years.
His body doesn’t merit more then 2 years.

I find it crazy that players are getting 8 year deals.
Great for the player but handcuffs the team.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
You guys are deranged if you wouldn't take a top pair RHD at $4.5m AAV.

Here is the thing, this contract is not about how Aaron Ekblad is playing now, it is about how Aaron Ekblad is going to be playing in the future. Right now, I think he is struggling to keep up with top pair duties. In three years, how do you think it's going to look?

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Voted yes but im 50/50.

If Zito finds anything better in free agency I would be down to go with that, time to go with a better skater, healthier guy, we already got our #1 D and thats Gus. Ek has been a workhorse for us and he is homegrown talent but Im scared of how his health is gonna hold moving forward, dont want the team to be tied up to that @ 4-5 mil for a guy that cant play a whole season. We know he's gonna miss a couple of games every season, it is a matter of when.

If he stays I recommend the Panthers hire @Gentle Man to help put Ekblad back together everytime he breaks like a Lego set:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad