Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

Would you take Ekblad back at a "hometown" discount (4-5 million AAV)

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No, time to move on

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
They say when you see a game live you're struck by how fast the players are. Whoever said that never watched Ekblad. Lost in all the foot speed jokes, the offense has dried up as well. He had a golden scoring chance yesterday and shot it right at Levi. His legs are cooked and he's 28. I don't see how it improves? He wants to stay and I do wonder if he'd settled but it feels like a mid team good given him a blank check. Discuss.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I voted yes, but only conditionally.

I think the term on the contract has to be lower than what we're seeing on other extensions, and the discount has to be real and appreciable. I remain a fan of the guy for having been a stalwart on this team for many years, but my concern about his deterioration is very real.

He's not scoring or making plays and his speed is becoming too much of a liability to see him taking the toughest minutes in the future. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to three games, either, obviously. The offensive playmaking has steadily been getting worse to the point of being almost non-existent over the past couple of seasons.

Reactions: PSLguy

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I’d take him at less than that?

Love the guy, he has heart and he stayed committed to this shithole franchise when it was a shithole. This isn’t a “sell high” situation a la Huberdeau though. Bottom-6 defender gets bottom-6 money. Would happily extend a 6 year $20 million contract if if I was the GM. Of course… being 28, chances are someone offers him 6 years at $40 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad