Would you take Dubois on your team for $5M X 7?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you take Dubois on your team for $5M /year?

• Yes

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 115 55.0%
  • Not sure but would consider

Votes: 21 10.0%

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Not on the Canucks. They already need to make some tough decisions with limited cap and I’d rather go after some other guys. I’d certainly take the chance if I was a team that had room to maneuver and could use a potential top 6C. Maybe not with his term though

thegazelle

Nov 11, 2019
There is something off with this guy for him to have worn out his welcome on two teams in a relatively short time, especially being a high draft pick.

But this also has happened with other players like Evander Kane. His previous teams got tired of him but it looks like it is (finally) working out in Edmonton.

Maybe Dubois just needs to find the right fit team wise. But I have always thought if you were good teammate material or have the team's best interests ahead of your individual ones you wouldn't bounce from team to team.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Underrated player at this point. All these stories are overblown. Kid had one down year, so what, who does not have those? I watched him at WC and he was on the puck a lot. He is not what people say he is. He will still develop.
But do the negative stories about him have anything to do with his on ice play? I haven't followed PLD closely at all, but everything I've heard is in the vein of disgruntled off ice, cancer/ prima donna in locker room, gets upset easy (with team and management) and let's it affect his play, forces his way out of cities he doesn't want to be in, etc.

You're probably right in that a lot of it is overblown, but chemistry and attitude is important, and I would do some serious due diligence before I made a commitment to someone with so many red flags swirling around them. The size and potential is enticing, but at what cost?

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
Your post might or might not be in jest, but if serious people need to stop calling grown 25-year old men "kids".... there's enough infantilisation in modern society already.

Males peak between 28 and 32. He can get better easily. He is still developing. It's a disease to assume players should be NHL ready at 18.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Your post might or might not be in jest, but if serious people need to stop calling grown 25-year old men "kids".... there's enough infantilisation in modern society already.
I get what your saying but when I reached my 40s I look back on my 20s and think how in the hell did I survive all the dumbass decisions I made because I didnt know anything about anything or the real world because I was a KID. haha. You may be a grown human in your 20s but there is still a whole lot of learning and maturing that has to happen.

also voted yes as I dont have a choice:oops:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
would caps really consider retaining so much for so long? did they buy capfriendly for this? I mean u bought it, use it... I dont understand even wanting PLD with his current contract

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
People need to differentiate bad contracts from bad players.

At that AAV, Dubois would absolutely be worth it,
Exactly. That's kind of the going rate for .5 ppg players (PLD's floor thus far, mind you) as UFAs, and with the cap increasing, that rate will only go up. The only reason to not want PLD is how you perceive his character, but hockey wise, 5M x 7 would be worth it.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
its UNLIKELY and I hear all the La, CBJ, Wpg fans hating his existence but does this become one of biggest steals ever if he turns into what he was supposed to be? Top 3 pick heading into what should be his prime for a near retired goalie.

Again I know he sucks and anyone who says otherwise is delusional. 😉

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad