Would you rather have K'Andre Miller and Drysdale or Sanderson and JBD?

Which duo?

• Total voters

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
To this point in his career, Drysdale has shown the ability to be a decent power play QB, and has really struggled in every other aspect of the position. Honestly, the fact that he was drafted so highly and has missed so much time due to injury might be the only reason he's still in the league.

I'm shocked anyone is voting for he and Miller. It's essentially Sanderson vs. Miller. It might change, but the other two are borderline replacement level right now.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
To this point in his career, Drysdale has shown the ability to be a decent power play QB, and has really struggled in every other aspect of the position. Honestly, the fact that he was drafted so highly and has missed so much time due to injury might be the only reason he's still in the league.

I'm shocked anyone is voting for he and Miller. It's essentially Sanderson vs. Miller. It might change, but the other two are borderline replacement level right now.

Is my memory correct when I say that Sanderson was considered a questionable pick and Drysdale is who most experts thought the Sens should take instead?

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Is my memory correct when I say that Sanderson was considered a questionable pick and Drysdale is who most experts thought the Sens should take instead?
Both were consensus top 10 picks, but Drysdale was typically ranked higher by most online scouts. There were a handful of guys who liked Sanderson better at the draft. He was probably the biggest riser in the top 10, and I guess some scouts weren't ready to rank him that highly since he wasn't expected to go anywhere near top 5 at the start of the year.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Guess it depends on who you mean by experts but Drysdale was a more known commodity with his WJC performance and Sanderson started to show more depth offensively later in the year before COVID ended the hockey season. Sanderson was still ranked 8th in McKenzie's final rankings was placed 3rd by 2 of the 10 scouts he polled.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Guess it depends on who you mean by experts but Drysdale was a more known commodity with his WJC performance and Sanderson started to show more depth offensively later in the year before COVID ended the hockey season. Sanderson was still ranked 8th in McKenzie's final rankings was placed 3rd by 2 of the 10 scouts he polled.

Yeah, I thought the cosensus was Sanderson was just a defensive guy and Drysdale was more dynamic.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, I thought the cosensus was Sanderson was just a defensive guy and Drysdale was more dynamic.

Most did see him that way, some saw his offensively game still developing. He took big steps at UND in both years and was dominant on both sides of the puck. That's what makes the draft so fun, you are projecting development and transition to the NHL, not just drafting the best junior aged player. That said Drysdale missing an entire season and lacked stability in some key developmental years.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

There was a group of like 6 clowns that had this vendetta against Sanderson in his draft year, which happened to be covid year

They had this conspiracy that Sanderson rose in the draft rankings (midterm to final) for no reason, yet he was awarded player of the tournament in January. You can judge a player better in international tournaments for the NTDP because minutes restrictions are taken off. and he dominated. I forget the name of the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad