Worst/most embarrassing post you ever made here

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kessel for Huberdeau (22 years) + Barkov (20 years) + 10OA in 2015 draft (turned to Crouse)

in the lead up to the 2015 draft when leafs were trying to sell Kessel and I was a raging teenager unable to comprehend other teams players have values and needs and leafs players arent gods gift to hockey

Edit: Whoops thought this was the main boards not habs, ignore/delete this lol

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Kessel for Huberdeau (22 years) + Barkov (20 years) + 10OA in 2015 draft (turned to Crouse)

in the lead up to the 2015 draft when leafs were trying to sell Kessel and I was a raging teenager unable to comprehend other teams players have values and needs and leafs players arent gods gift to hockey

Edit: Whoops thought this was the main boards not habs, ignore/delete this lol
Welcome!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
There have been too many, but one that springs to mind was pushing to target Kyle Quincey as a FA over Andrei Markov somewhere around 2016 or so.

Sacrilege given how legendary Markov was and how Quincy immediately fell apart, but also just legitimately dumb without using hindsight. :laugh:

The desperate days of needing LD. Long gone but still cringe worthy.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Been here for a while, fortunately don't post much, but still had my share of bad takes.

Worst would be when I was a bit scared of how Subban played when he was in juniors, that he could potentially be an all-tools no-toolbox player like Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre and Shawn Belle were... see what I did there ? There were no ill intentions, but my post was understandably trashed, I just have the weird tendency to compare players to their kin, russians with russians, canadians with canadians, etc., harmless stuff, but with Subban, twas just a stupid post to make.

To add to it, I was f***ing wrong, so yeah.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I try and act like an expert when in reality I am just a rabid fan that doesnt know squat. This site does allow me to escape the insanity of the world for which I am grateful.
I did tell one of the moderators to F off one time, that didn't go over well.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
There have been too many, but one that springs to mind was pushing to target Kyle Quincey as a FA over Andrei Markov somewhere around 2016 or so.

Sacrilege given how legendary Markov was and how Quincy immediately fell apart, but also just legitimately dumb without using hindsight. :laugh:

The desperate days of needing LD. Long gone but still cringe worthy.
Fun fact, I somehow traded Kyle Quincey for James van Riemsdyk in NHL Be a GM Connected like 10 years ago lmao

Reactions: Draft

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I once said I don’t think Davey D was the true bona-fide #1 center. How embarrassing was that?!

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
My hall of shame is this place, imagine.

KxFMmoxEzFgPHu4sy5-VC-EyZTXdu0d8CSXdgEbJoQgyT-Mq-xDY5ZrQPgzDuqlRqTav42m3AgNZMdNdFJy5X8N2DkUmMWzcZDq1omXm0Iowt_K2oxMGmJO41r0fjrNd6YjrM0133NxzGfokvXxVmgU4E9hWkA=s1360-w1360-h1020

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Leto and Licou

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
After MacKinnon had a crummy 53 point season in his 4th year, I made the brilliant suggestion we could try to package Galchenyuk for him. Then Nate had 97 points the following year.

• Haha
Reactions: MXD

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Since I joined in 2007 and I also happen to know how much of shit head I was back then, I most likely have a handful of insane doozies.

I will definitely dig when I hop on my PC :laugh:

Edit:

f*** this, it seems I was more level headed than I remember and searching through those posts is tedious! Here is the worst I found:

Thread: Draft day, who do you pick: Lindros vs Crosby

This is a real no brainer

Lindros all the way. With the somewhat same level talent between the two, it would be ill advised to ignore the "crap in your pants" factor Lindros brings to the opposition.

Last edited:

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I said on the Hyman's signing with the Oilers thread that it was a bad singing. Someone recently reacted a laughing emoji at my post in that original thread so I got reminded of it.
My face was that Clint Eastwood disgust face gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad