World Cup Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Bish has been really good for someone who have had to step into the 3rd period twice, if nothing else it feels like it bodes well for us.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Did Palat and Kucherov really go knee on knee?

sadly, yes. but it was pretty accidental. palát was going for a hit and kooch changed his way a bit. but in the very moment their knees collided you could see how palát is trying to avoid bigger problem. also, right after the knee on knee situation he came to kooch to apologize. too bad that russian players didn't really get that they are friends and tried to fight palát. anyway, both guys were okay after that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I have a different opinion. While he doesn't usually shoot (probably because his shot isn't that good) he has some great hands and vision. One of our best forwards IMO.

I would say he's just average and his only real value is his faceoffs. Now if he would actually freakin shoot with regularity, his value would increase immensely and he'd have a lot more points. I don't get how you go from 25 goals and almost 60 points a couple years ago, to this. Granted a lot of it is regression to the mean, but.. Either his head is up his ass like Purcell or his wrists are shattered or something. I dunno.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say he's just average and his only real value is his faceoffs. Now if he would actually freakin shoot with regularity, his value would increase immensely and he'd have a lot more points. I don't get how you go from 25 goals and almost 60 points a couple years ago, to this. Granted a lot of it is regression to the mean, but.. Either his head is up his ass like Purcell or his wrists are shattered or something. I dunno.

Makes you wonder if Palat's numbers were mediocre in the playoffs because of Flip being his center for most of the games? Drouin had a lot of his production on the PP. When you have a guy on a line who either cannot finish or won't shoot you are not going to pick up too many helpers no matter how good of a play you make.

I don't think a player normally regresses like that there has to be a lot of other factors not sure what it is. Granted most of our forwards were down last season, still wonder if he has a 50 point season still in him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Puck drop coming up in the NA/EU game. The Halifax Ugly has been reunited for this one.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This U-23 team is ridiculously exciting, skilled players before the game sucks the creativity out of you

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Don't know exactly what he will do but still, good for him:

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
*lol* the Swedish studio guys all keep saying that they should have put in Bish in this game as well as that they should have him play against Canada, because they needed someone who could get the play going better, well, I'm not sure if it they should have but I like that more people see what we see when it comes to Bish and how he plays.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
*lol* the Swedish studio guys all keep saying that they should have put in Bish in this game as well as that they should have him play against Canada, because they needed someone who could get the play going better, well, I'm not sure if it they should have but I like that more people see what we see when it comes to Bish and how he plays.

Bishop or Schneider. Quick is the worst of the 3 goalies but got the start somehow, I guess cause he won Lombardi a couple of cups in LA.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Palat getting a chance or two and Sustr taking a penalty in the first minute. Some things never change, not even in the World Cup!

Edit: Stammer taking a penalty too.

Only our players visible (both bad and good ways) so far.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
To think there was a time when Stamkos was on Crosby's level, his all round play is ridiculous right now.

Stamkos can't the god damn net with his shot.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I was just stopping by this thread to ask if Stamkos is showing any signs of bouncing back...

How did Palat look?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad