Injury Report: Woll injured - Oct 9, 2024 (lower body tightness after practice)

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Guy can't stay healthy. :confused:

That's one reason it was concerning to give him the multi-year extension before he'd proven anything.

Hopefully he heals quick and it doesn't turn into anything serious.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Age is less of a factor than people may think. Hell my nephew is 12 and has to ice his arm after every game he pitches.

Overall. I think people need to just take a breath. It’s quite common for guys to tweak little things while ramping up for the season. It’s only a problem if it lingers.
FR, some people's bodies just clearly get injured more easily than others. Look at Lupul. Meanwhile you have people like Ovie who played extremely physical for years and barely had a major injury, or a dude like Kessel who clearly was not a health/workout freak yet has the ironman streak.

Reactions: Duffman955

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
FR, some people's bodies just clearly get injured more easily than others. Look at Lupul. Meanwhile you have people like Ovie who played extremely physical for years and barely had a major injury, or a dude like Kessel who clearly was not a health/workout freak yet has the ironman streak.

All we get in this cursed shit town is tenders that are wildly inconsistent or recipients of the Mr. Glass award.

What kind of sick joke is this curse.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Age is less of a factor than people may think. Hell my nephew is 12 and has to ice his arm after every game he pitches.

Overall. I think people need to just take a breath. It’s quite common for guys to tweak little things while ramping up for the season. It’s only a problem if it lingers.

Common? You're talking like this guy has been super reliable. 2 playoff games last year, tweaked something couldn't go game 7. This guy will keep getting injured/hurt. He couldn't even handle the stress of 2 playoff games before going down. It does linger, there is a problem.

Mikey Leaf

Sep 14, 2024
Its ok Hildeby played over 40 games last year with the Marlies. Maybe he csn be a full tine NHL goalie this year. Felix Potvin back in the day had just sbout the same amount of games in the AHL as Hildeby and ran with it successfully as a rookie

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Stolarz to the rescue

Common? You're talking like this guy has been super reliable. 2 playoff games last year, tweaked something couldn't go game 7. This guy will keep getting injured/hurt. He couldn't even handle the stress of 2 playoff games before going down. It does linger, there is a problem.
Yeah this is not an anomaly, it's year after year of the guy being unable to suit up. You cannot work with that as your #1

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
A shame; Love Woll's mechanics and demeanor.

Is a conditioning stint out of the question to strengthen the area that seems to be problematic?

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
All we get in this cursed shit town is tenders that are wildly inconsistent or recipients of the Mr. Glass award.

What kind of sick joke is this curse.
I think it's got something to do with a lack of authentic humility which tends to blind necessary insight into problems and solutions, to say nothing of compromising work ethic...but that's just a hunch.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
It’s not bad luck. He’s just injury prone and will likely never become a reliable #1 goalie unfortunately. Hope I’m wrong though, I really like Woll.

Good move by Tre going after Stolarz in the off-season.

Reactions: authentic

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
:(
That's too bad. The young guys breaking in and/or continuing their development are the one thing that is interesting about the Leafs this season. Sure hope this is the low point on that front.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I wish Woll the best and when healthy he’s one of the better goalies in the league, but if a healthy Will doesn’t exist then please let the hockey gods finally gift us with a bonafide #1 which I actually feel like Stolarz can be.

Reactions: horner

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I think it's time that the Leafs brass needs to have that uncomfortable conversation about cutting ties with this kid.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
JHC

Well Stolarz looked very good in the pre-season so That's a relief but bloody 'ell you've made it a trinity of Leaf paper mache goalies. Freddie "Pull the chute" Andersen, Petr Mrazek and now the King Daddy Topper Joseph Woll

KaN19

Jun 25, 2023
Gross. He misses Game 7, yet the team still puts their faith in him and rewards him with a new contract. Months of talk about Woll feeling great and changing his routine etc. only to miss the season opener....

I really don't want to see this guy's face again for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad