Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Plus other Draft talk)

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 73 50.0%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Every year there seems to be someone who is overrated/hyped because of size and comps to NHL players

Remember Luke Schenn draft year?
CSB and McKenzie are the least likely to overrate. Could they eventually be wrong? Sure. But Demidov could be the next Yakupov once he starts playing against men rather than boys in a cr@ppy junior league.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If the scouting reports are correct then Silayev is a unicorn type of talent who is much more than just a defensive D. If so, the gap between him and the defensive D later in the 1st/2nd would be comparable to the gap between Celebrini and someone like Michael Hage.

Comparisons offensively to someone like Dickinson are tough b/c of the leagues they played in. How many points would Dickinson have scored in the K? How many points would Silayev have scored in the O? It’s all about projection with these guys and imo Silayev has the highest floor and potentially the highest ceiling as well.

The problem with your premise is that many of the scouting report aren't trusting the offense to blossom. I watched several scouting reports say similar things about that offense not being there. It's possible that you're reading scouting reports done in Sept/Oct, where Silayev's offense did pop off.

Silayev
Game SetGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
Total
63​
3​
8​
11​
0.17​
-9​
1 to 9
9​
1​
5​
6​
0.67​
1​
10 to 63
54​
2​
3​
5​
0.09​
-10​

Which sample are you hedging your bet on, the 9-game sample or the 54-game sample?

What about his D-1 offensive production?

• 41 games, 2g + 6a = 8 pts (0.195 ppg rate), and -3 rating.

The sample size of his offense not blossoming becomes larger when extended to his D-1 season.

Defensively is where Silayev will make his mark. At 6'7 height, he will have a stick taller than some NHL'ers. Which means his disrupt radius (wingspan + stick length) has a humongous range! If we project that onto NA ice instead of Euro ice, then he should control a fourth of the ice in the D-zone. And the fact some scouts love his backward skating more than forward skating, means he might be able to defense 1v2 better than most - especially when including his disrupt radius.

Anaheim did take a shutdown D 6th overall in 2012 with Hampus. We say shutdown b/c Hampus made a huge mark playing in the men's league (2nd Swedish tier, HockeyAllsvenskan) with his defense. Several accounts say without Lindholm's defense, they never would have been pushing for the SHL level in the playoffs. Yet, Lindholm did have offense developing in lower leagues. And once Lindholm adjusted to playing against men in 20 regular season games, his offense starting showing up in the playoffs.

Hampus LindholmD+0
LeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
J18 Elit
1​
1​
3​
4​
4.00​
7​
J 20 Super Elit
28​
5​
12​
17​
0.61​
25​
HockeyAllsvenskan
20​
1​
3​
4​
0.20​
-1​
HA playoffs
10​
1​
4​
5​
0.50​
5​

If Silayev's offense is that projectably great, then a majority of the scouting media would have him ranked in the top-3 often. Is that the case? Here's a compilation of rankings gathered on his Elite Prospects page:

Silayev, EP ranking list (2024).png

Only four scouting media listed have Silayev in the top-3 in McKenzie (TSN), Kennedy (THN), FC Hockey, and CSB (EU). There are many who like Silayev's defense very much, but something is preventing them to want to rate him into the top-3 comfortably... which is his lack of offensive projection.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The problem with your premise is that many of the scouting report aren't trusting the offense to blossom. I watched several scouting reports say similar things about that offense not being there. It's possible that you're reading scouting reports done in Sept/Oct, where Silayev's offense did pop off.

Silayev
Game SetGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
Total
63​
3​
8​
11​
0.17​
-9​
1 to 9
9​
1​
5​
6​
0.67​
1​
10 to 63
54​
2​
3​
5​
0.09​
-10​

Which sample are you hedging your bet on, the 9-game sample or the 54-game sample?

What about his D-1 offensive production?

• 41 games, 2g + 6a = 8 pts (0.195 ppg rate), and -3 rating.

The sample size of his offense not blossoming becomes larger when extended to his D-1 season.

Defensively is where Silayev will make his mark. At 6'7 height, he will have a stick taller than some NHL'ers. Which means his disrupt radius (wingspan + stick length) has a humongous range! If we project that onto NA ice instead of Euro ice, then he should control a fourth of the ice in the D-zone. And the fact some scouts love his backward skating more than forward skating, means he might be able to defense 1v2 better than most - especially when including his disrupt radius.

Anaheim did take a shutdown D 6th overall in 2012 with Hampus. We say shutdown b/c Hampus made a huge mark playing in the men's league (2nd Swedish tier, HockeyAllsvenskan) with his defense. Several accounts say without Lindholm's defense, they never would have been pushing for the SHL level in the playoffs. Yet, Lindholm did have offense developing in lower leagues. And once Lindholm adjusted to playing against men in 20 regular season games, his offense starting showing up in the playoffs.

Hampus LindholmD+0
LeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
J18 Elit
1​
1​
3​
4​
4.00​
7​
J 20 Super Elit
28​
5​
12​
17​
0.61​
25​
HockeyAllsvenskan
20​
1​
3​
4​
0.20​
-1​
HA playoffs
10​
1​
4​
5​
0.50​
5​

If Silayev's offense is that projectably great, then a majority of the scouting media would have him ranked in the top-3 often. Is that the case? Here's a compilation of rankings gathered on his Elite Prospects page:

View attachment 872944

Only four scouting media listed have Silayev in the top-3 in McKenzie (TSN), Kennedy (THN), FC Hockey, and CSB (EU). There are many who like Silayev's defense very much, but something is preventing them to want to rate him into the top-3 comfortably... which is his lack of offensive projection.
The ones I trust the most each year are mck(first by a lot) and CSB.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Interesting post

Hawks also have on backend in NHL or in pipeline

Louis Crevier (6'8) - 7th round, 2020
Taige Harding (6'6) - 3rd round, 2021
Isaak Phillips (6'3) - 5th round, 2020
Nolan Allan (6'2) - 1st round, 2022

And then the shrimp of our blueline prospects
Wyatt Kaiser (6'0) - 3rd round, 2020

As a Hawks fan I want Demidov. Hawks need more blue-chip talent up front in system and have draft capital to pick a Dman or two later if need be. If Hawks go with Levshunov it would be fine as well. Any wildcard (Buium or Dickinson or a few others) at #2 would feel like a poor use of #2 pick. If hawks want one of those guys they can get them by trading down a few slots IMO

Hawks have plenty of picks in this years early rounds

And then coming drafts

Hawks 1st
Leafs 1st (Top 10 protected)
Hawks 2nd
Stars 2nd
Hawks 3rd

Hawks 1st
Hawks 2nd
Stars 2nd
Islanders 2nd
Hawks 3rd

Curious on Ducks front so I was reading in here

I figure whoever is there between Demidov or Levshunov the Ducks would gleefully run up to grab. I think it's clear Celebrini + Demidov + Levshunov are a bit separate from pack honestly

I hope Hawks avoid Silayev. I am just not sold on him with his offensive game being so limited

As a mid 1st rounder = Sure

But any team spending a top 5 pick on him I think will regret it and scouts are a bit too obsessed with this search for the next "Chara" and he feels like result of that type of thinking

Surprised to see him as #3 in your poll

I think a lot of fans are sleeping on Cayden Lindstrom. Guess the injuries this year have scared many away, but there are recent tweets of that his hand is almost 100% healed and his back issue is a common thing that doesn't need surgery. (I can't find the tweet, but it's been shared on here a couple of times.)

For myself, I'm a huge fan of Lindstrom.

1. C Celebrini
2. RD Levshunov
3. C Lindstrom or LD Dickinson (if we're still focused on improving the defensive side with some offense)

I would think the Hawks would have some interest in Lindstrom. Here is Elite Prospect's scorecard on Lindstrom.

Lindstrom, Cayden (EP card rating).png

You get high-end/elite offense, you get size with 6'4 and 216 lbs, you get good skating, and he plays center! With the 'Hawks, that would be a great 1-2 punch down the middle with Bedard-Lindstrom. He's over 50% in the FO dot as well in the WHL in the regular season and post-season.

With Anaheim, Lindstrom would be a LW. He can take the faceoffs if Carlsson or Zegras are still deficient on the dot. One way of playing good-great defense would be to always be playing in the offensive zone. Lindstrom would factor into that greatly.

• Ducks' Youth forward group
    • RW Terry (6'0)
    • C/LW Zegras (6'0)
    • C McTavish (6'0)
    • LW/C/RW Cutter Gauthier (6'2)
    • C Carlsson (6'4)
    • RW Colangelo (6'2)

Talk about being spoiled if the Ducks grab Lindstrom!

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think a lot of fans are sleeping on Cayden Lindstrom. Guess the injuries this year have scared many away, but there are recent tweets of that his hand is almost 100% healed and his back issue is a common thing that doesn't need surgery. (I can't find the tweet, but it's been shared on here a couple of times.)

For myself, I'm a huge fan of Lindstrom.

1. C Celebrini
2. RD Levshunov
3. C Lindstrom or LD Dickinson (if we're still focused on improving the defensive side with some offense)

I would think the Hawks would have some interest in Lindstrom. Here is Elite Prospect's scorecard on Lindstrom.

View attachment 872953

You get high-end/elite offense, you get size with 6'4 and 216 lbs, you get good skating, and he plays center! With the 'Hawks, that would be a great 1-2 punch down the middle with Bedard-Lindstrom. He's over 50% in the FO dot as well in the WHL in the regular season and post-season.

With Anaheim, Lindstrom would be a LW. He can take the faceoffs if Carlsson or Zegras are still deficient on the dot. One way of playing good-great defense would be to always be playing in the offensive zone. Lindstrom would factor into that greatly.

• Ducks' Youth forward group
    • RW Terry (6'0)
    • C/LW Zegras (6'0)
    • C McTavish (6'0)
    • LW/C/RW Cutter Gauthier (6'2)
    • C Carlsson (6'4)
    • RW Colangelo (6'2)

Talk about being spoiled if the Ducks grab Lindstrom!
It's certainly possible and he is a legit top 5 candidate. I just wonder if PV would take a future top 6 winger over a top 2 D (either AL or AS). Oh, to be a fly on the wall of these draft meetings!

Reactions: Yemeth

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
To me, all the top defensemen this year have offense that I don't see how they bring it to the NHL. This is the order I have them, and it's not very high up in the draft for me, for any of them. I'd rather have Demidov, Lindstrom over all and I have a feeling the rest of the defensemen in the 1st will end up better than this whole bunch. That is why I am not on board with "D on #3".

Dickinson is the one who most scouts cite as the questionable offense but while I agree somewhat, he loses the least if his offense doesn't necessarily translate. He is the one I find is the most consistent at doing things he could use in the NHL.

Levshunov I've watched quite a bit after the season to see what the Ducks are potentially getting and I have to say, for as much good as he brings, he has just as many blank spots and questionmarks around his play. I don't know who he would be in the NHL, he can transition quickly, play physical, big but he has kind of rough stickhandling and he won't beat guys from the blueline like a Mintyukov or Zellweger. And the stuff he does being is inconsistent. He could be the best of the draft but man, he is quite a project to me for a top3 pick.

Silayev, I don't understand how a guy can be so hyped for simply being big and fast. Talk about projects, at least Levshunov will become an NHL player. Silayev could aswell but he is not one now.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The ones I trust the most each year are mck(first by a lot) and CSB.

This McKenzie who wrote on his May 6th ranking article:

Buckle up because it looks like it’s going to be an unpredictable ride.
As one scout put it, “Celebrini is going No. 1, but the next five or six teams [picking after No. 1] might all get the No. 2 prospect on their [respective] lists. There’s that much varied opinion [on the top prospects after Celebrini].”
The lack of clear consensus beyond Celebrini — from No. 2 through to No. 10 and beyond — would be unprecedented. I’ve been doing draft rankings like this one for more than 35 years, and I don’t recall a year where the Top 10 is such a hodgepodge of opinion.

CSB (NA) Final Ranking has Lev 2nd behind Celebrini. There is no CSB (NA + EU) ranking. It's possible that Lev ranks ahead of Silayev within the CSB community, but we'll never know.

I do trust watching several scouting videos that identify the same flaws of a prospect that also is reflected in the production, or there lack of. IMO, Silayev was rushed to the KHL due to his defense (mainly size + skating). And because of his defense being more important to the KHL team, it has stunted that potential offense - though, that wasn't much of an offensive outburst in his D-1 season. We did that to our own Lundestrom on NA ice.

The offensive hype happened in a 9-game stint early in the season. That's not a large enough sample to go overboard about his potential offense. His defense, however, might be devastatingly great due to his skating and disruption radius (wingspan + stick length) on a smaller rink. He's a shutdown D with minimal offense. That's fine, but at #3 overall? It is too rich for me. I'd rather go with Dickinson if we want top-end defense b/c he at least has shown offensive growth.

The MHL and OHL/CHL have similar age range players of 16-20, iirc.

D-1
ProspectLeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
SilayevMHL
41​
2​
6​
8​
0.20​
-3​
DickinsonOHL
62​
9​
14​
23​
0.37​
5​

Problem with Dickinson is if he plays too fast with the puck in transition, then he might get into trouble b/c he is still a work in progress in processing the ice that fast offensively. Best to give it up to an actual OFD early in the Dzone at the NHL level. Then again, he offense took a huge step forward as he went from 0.37 ppg to 1.03 ppg between one summer. Maybe he can adapt better as he grows more comfy with that offense, but I won't be expecting him to turn into scoring phenom at all. If he can produce similar to Hampus offensively and be stout defensively, then that's a better investment.

Or go Lindstrom, if Lev is gone by #3. Lindstrom's EP scorecard is damned impressive. As McKenzie shared in his article, there's a jumble after Celebrini and just comes down to preference.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Silayev, I don't understand how a guy can be so hyped for simply being big and fast. Talk about projects, at least Levshunov will become an NHL player. Silayev could aswell but he is not one now.
How could that not be exciting? A big, fast, physical D could put this team over the top. He’s playing in the 2nd best league on the planet, he’s less of a project than Levshunov who you are certain will become an NHL player.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This McKenzie who wrote on his May 6th ranking article:

Buckle up because it looks like it’s going to be an unpredictable ride.
As one scout put it, “Celebrini is going No. 1, but the next five or six teams [picking after No. 1] might all get the No. 2 prospect on their [respective] lists. There’s that much varied opinion [on the top prospects after Celebrini].”
The lack of clear consensus beyond Celebrini — from No. 2 through to No. 10 and beyond — would be unprecedented. I’ve been doing draft rankings like this one for more than 35 years, and I don’t recall a year where the Top 10 is such a hodgepodge of opinion.

CSB (NA) Final Ranking has Lev 2nd behind Celebrini. There is no CSB (NA + EU) ranking. It's possible that Lev ranks ahead of Silayev within the CSB community, but we'll never know.

I do trust watching several scouting videos that identify the same flaws of a prospect that also is reflected in the production, or there lack of. IMO, Silayev was rushed to the KHL due to his defense (mainly size + skating). And because of his defense being more important to the KHL team, it has stunted that potential offense - though, that wasn't much of an offensive outburst in his D-1 season. We did that to our own Lundestrom on NA ice.

The offensive hype happened in a 9-game stint early in the season. That's not a large enough sample to go overboard about his potential offense. His defense, however, might be devastatingly great due to his skating and disruption radius (wingspan + stick length) on a smaller rink. He's a shutdown D with minimal offense. That's fine, but at #3 overall? It is too rich for me. I'd rather go with Dickinson if we want top-end defense b/c he at least has shown offensive growth.

The MHL and OHL/CHL have similar age range players of 16-20, iirc.

D-1
ProspectLeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
SilayevMHL
41​
2​
6​
8​
0.20​
-3​
DickinsonOHL
62​
9​
14​
23​
0.37​
5​

Problem with Dickinson is if he plays too fast with the puck in transition, then he might get into trouble b/c he is still a work in progress in processing the ice that fast offensively. Best to give it up to an actual OFD early in the Dzone at the NHL level. Then again, he offense took a huge step forward as he went from 0.37 ppg to 1.03 ppg between one summer. Maybe he can adapt better as he grows more comfy with that offense, but I won't be expecting him to turn into scoring phenom at all. If he can produce similar to Hampus offensively and be stout defensively, then that's a better investment.

Or go Lindstrom, if Lev is gone by #3. Lindstrom's EP scorecard is damned impressive. As McKenzie shared in his article, there's a jumble after Celebrini and just comes down to preference.
The guys over at NHL.com have an interesting mock...the top 5 has all the usual suspects but the two big D go 2nd and 3rd. It's a little surprising that both Kimmelman and Morreale are in agreement.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
less of a project than Levshunov
Yeah, regarding their full potential. I trust neither and prefer the forwards. Essentially Dickinson is what Silayev could become, just 4 inches shorter. And that development is something I don't see happening in the KHL, where he unfortunately finds himself, so there you go.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
If Chicago take Levshunov then I'm listening to offers from teams who really want Demidov at #3.

I see Silayev, Lindstrom and Dickinson going in the top 6. All 3 of them would be valuable in our pipeline, but probably won't play at the NHL level for 2-3 years.

What does Columbus, Montreal or even Utah have to offer to swap picks and move up to #3 ? We need young NHL ready talent now while we keep our pipeline strong.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I remember a team taking a for sure shutdown guy allowing us to take Fowler
Interesting that the player in question was ranked 17th for N/A skaters in the final CSB rankings. Fowler was ranked 5th. In McKenzie's rankings the player in question was ranked 15th while Fowler was 5th. Looks like the Rangers may have reached a bit.

In any event, I'm having a hard time processing how taking a guy who is #1 (Euro) in CSB rankings and #3 in McKenzie's ranking is at all similar to the situation you are referring to.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
CSB and McKenzie are the least likely to overrate. Could they eventually be wrong? Sure. But Demidov could be the next Yakupov once he starts playing against men rather than boys in a cr@ppy junior league.
Hard pass on that little midget. No more midgets we already have Zegras and Terry who are both smaller finness players. That’s probably 1 to many for our Gm liking already:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I think that is a little extreme of an example.
We took Lindholm over Trouba and Dumba who were both looked at as offensive guys.
This is true.

At some point, a team needs some defensemen who can really play defense. Warren, Moore, Smith and Hinds are the only defense first D in the system and they are all far far away from making a contribution at the NHL level.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We took Lindholm over Trouba and Dumba who were both looked at as offensive guys.

We thought Lindholm was just a shutdown guy, but he had offensive potential. He's a two-way guy with a forte on defense. That's kinda like how Dickinson is built, but I don't know if he is on the same level as Hampus defense coming out from the draft. Silayev does not currently possess the same offensive production as Lindholm did when he came out.

Hampus, D+0
LeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
J18 Elit
1​
1​
3​
4​
4.00​
7​
J20 Super Elit
28​
5​
12​
17​
0.61​
25​
HockeyAllsvenskan
20​
1​
3​
4​
0.20​
-1​
playoffs Kvalserien SHL
10​
1​
4​
5​
0.50​
5​

That is the proof about Lindholm's offense existing pre-draft. Below is proof that his offense did carry over to the NHL.

NHL Career
PlayerGPGAPtsPPG+/-
Lindholm
745​
70​
236​
306​
0.411​
151​
Dumba
674​
83​
165​
248​
0.368​
11​
Trouba
748​
73​
236​
309​
0.413​
56​

The one time an NHL team told him to play offensive was last year with the Bruins, who were without McAvoy for a month or so.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yes and no. Lindholm had put up at least offense previous to being drafted. Everything about Silayev says he COULD be a unicorn IF he develops some offense. He’s absolutely jot done that to this point though. 6 points in his first 6 KHL games this year followed by 5 in the next 57. :dunno:

I don’t watch any of these prospects, I don’t actually have an opinion on this. I don’t think anyone on these boards, or likely most of the pundits, have actually seen these prospects enough to have a useful opinion that’s not dripping with conjecture. I do see people saying he’s got a floor of a bottom pairing D, which, to me, waiting until 3-4 seasons from now for something that you can get for a 5th round pick or UFA with the 3rd overall pick would be massively underwhelming. The “he will automatically get points playing on a top pairing” doesn’t work for me.

I’m also concerned with having to wait until the ‘26-27 season to get what people want as our top pairing D does to the rebuild. Do we just not look for that guy until then? It’s a valid question to take under consideration.

Edit - floor not ceiling

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This is true.

At some point, a team needs some defensemen who can really play defense. Warren, Moore, Smith and Hinds are the only defense first D in the system and they are all far far away from making a contribution at the NHL level.
Accurate, but they have 2 full seasons to figure that out before this guy could first conceivably be in North America.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Accurate, but they have 2 full seasons to figure that out before this guy could first conceivably be in North America.
Oh I agree but when you can draft one who could be a cornerstone on D for the next dozen years you've got to do it...those opportunities are few and far between...like a getting a cornerstone 1C in Carlsson last year.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Oh I agree but when you can draft one who could be a cornerstone on D for the next dozen years you've got to do it...those opportunities are few and far between...like a getting a cornerstone 1C in Carlsson last year.

We're talking about a shutdown D at this moment and we're equating a shutdown D with a cornerstone 1C like Carlsson? Finding 1C is mostly done in the top-10, usually in the top-3. Finding a top-end, shutdown defense can be found outside the top-10 a lot more often than you think. Silayev isn't even on Hampus' defensive level coming out at the draft b/c Hampus willed his HockeyAllsvenskan team into the SHL. But Hampus had shown he can produce offensively at a far higher rate than Silayev.

Silayev (KHL)D+0
Game SetGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
Total
63​
3​
8​
11​
0.17​
-9​
1 to 9
9​
1​
5​
6​
0.67​
1​
10 to 63
54​
2​
3​
5​
0.09​
-10​
Playoffs
5​
0​
2​
1​
0.20​
1​

HampusD+0
LeagueGamesGAPtsPPG+/-
J18 Elit
1​
1​
3​
4​
4.00​
7​
J 20 Super Elit
28​
5​
12​
17​
0.61​
25​
HockeyAllsvenskan
20​
1​
3​
4​
0.20​
-1​
playoff Kvalserien SHL
10​
1​
4​
5​
0.50​
5​

For recent example of finding a top-end, shutdown D outside the top-10, the Blackhawks drafted 6'6 Alex Vlasic in the 2nd round, #43 overall in the 2019 draft. He's looking very good and played top pairing minutes in his full rookie, NHL year this past season. It just takes time for shutdown defensemen to get to the NHL level b/c it's Vlasic's D+5 season.

Chicago might have another potential top-4 defensive d-man in 6'4 Del Mastro. He got his first taste in the NHL at the end of this season and might be starting full time next season as a rookie. His first year in the AHL was great, finished 2nd in +/- with +14 (high = +20, low = -19) and tied for 5th in scoring with 37 points (high = 63 pts), as per AHL.com. Del Mastro was drafted in the 4th round of the 2021 draft.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What does Columbus, Montreal or even Utah have to offer to swap picks and move up to #3 ? We need young NHL ready talent now while we keep our pipeline strong.

If Levshunov goes #2, Montreal would probably be motivated to get to #3 for Demidov. Maybe #5 + Winnipeg 1st which will be #26 or #27 + a 3rd rounder or B prospect?

I could see Anaheim going for this if they aren't enamored with Demidov and they value Silayev and Dickinson similarly. They would be guaranteed one of those two at #5 in this scenario.

The Ducks could get aggressive having the Jets and Oilers 1sts and two 2nds in trying to move up to target someone in the teens.

Reactions: Emerald Duck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad