Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Didn't Montreal leak have Buium at like 3 or 5 ?
Either way it would show that other teams see him as a top5 prospect. What do they see, Makar-lite ?

Oct 18, 2011
Buium seems like the right mix of high floor and upside

Maybe not the highest pure upside but he's already proven he is an elite college D at a young age

That being said I really prefer taking a shot on an elite offensive forward talent picking this high.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Passing on Demidov will be a big mistake. The problem I have with Silayev, I doubt he will score a lot and he is a lefty. He could be a great partner for Minty if he would play right hand side.

Demidov has one year left in Russia, Silayev 2. That is two years away.

OT: I am just a huge Demidov fan - he is sort of the next Alex Kovalev to me.

Last edited:

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
If they're going off the board then I hope they trade down
Montreal to 3 (if they want Demidov that hard). So maybe we can do something like 3 and 31 for 5 and 26. Only if we go Sennecke or so.

Btw: Hopefully we get a hand of Nikita Artamonov as well. Such a great young player and he fits the style. Overall the Russians look good to me this year. Especially considering the 2nd and 3rd rounder. Yegor Surin is another name.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlstine and Boo Boo

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Buium seems like the right mix of high floor and upside

Maybe not the highest pure upside but he's already proven he is an elite college D at a young age

That being said I really prefer taking a shot on an elite offensive forward talent picking this high.
I think his upside is Fox-lite. That’s pretty damn good.

Reactions: Masch78 and Kalv

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
Marek:
“Based on my conversations it is my belief that… Anaheim will take Zeev Buium”

(Roughly 4:30)

Big W for those of us on Team Zeev.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
You mean I have to start mentally preparing myself for another player with our pick? Ugh... :laughs:

No idea whom we will take. Last year at this point it was fairly clear it will be Leo. But excited nonetheless. Gotta trust our scouts, they have used top picks wisely lately.

PS
A GDT maybe? I'm from mobile and a bit lazy today

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
Pronman’s final mock is out. has us taking Silayev but admits he really doesn’t have an idea. States he fits our mold but also doesn’t like it because it’s a Russian. Also states if Chicago passes on Lev he still thinks Silayev can still be the picks. Also has Demidov falling all the way to the Flames at 9 (absolutely wild and I think no shot).. he mentions if we trade Zegras before the draft Sennecke would be in play.

I can see the Silayev being the pick (still prefer Demidov) between his commentary on the Ducks and Demidov falling I think it’s a pure dart throw. Idk

Reactions: Kalv
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Pronman’s final mock is out. has us taking Silayev but admits he really doesn’t have an idea. States he fits our mold but also doesn’t like it because it’s a Russian. Also states if Chicago passes on Lev he still thinks Silayev can still be the picks. Also has Demidov falling all the way to the Flames at 9 (absolutely wild and I think no shot).. he mentions if we trade Zegras before the draft Sennecke would be in play.

I can see the Silayev being the pick (still prefer Demidov) between his commentary on the Ducks and Demidov falling I think it’s a pure dart throw. Idk
It was interesting too that the Sennecke speculation isn’t really new info coming out from the process but older info based on Verbeek going to see him a lot during the season. But yeah, seems like he really has less info than normal, his Silayev pick also comes off as more an educated guess, between the boxes he checks, the complimentary fit and Larionov saying they’ve talked a lot, rather than intel from around the league.

Reactions: Kalv

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
1 SJS Celebrini
2 CHI Levshunov
3 ANA Silayev
4 CBJ Lindstrom
5 MTL Buium
6 UTA Dickinson
7 OTT Sennecke
8 SEA Yakemchuk
9 CGY Demidov