Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

infected13

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2005
Orange County, CA
Silayev looks like he could develop into a beast and a big presence on the blue line. I felt like he was going to be the best fit for us once we were out of the Celebrini conversation, but I could see GMPV going with a North American option like Buium.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Damnit... I can't unsee this...

Sam Dickinson looks like Butt-head and future defense parterner for Jackson "Beevis" Lacombe....

1719435669314.png

Our destined Stanley Cup Championship 1st pairing:

1719435722012.png

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Again, nobody has any f***ing clue what we are going to do. Insiders, press, they are all over the place. Maybe we get a better idea Friday morning like last year.
To be fair, I don’t think Button is remotely trying to play insider with that mock draft. He’s just picking who he’d pick at every spot.

Pronman’s mock draft, which should be out Friday morning, will probably give the best intel on what the pick will be. Even if he’s not nailing the picks exactly, I think last year was the only time he’s gotten our pick bang on, the overall information in the write up is probably the best picture any of us will see painted.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Sennecke is nasty I’m just not sure you take him at 3. I’d love to trade back to 5 with Montreal if they want Demidov. Pick up an extra asset and get Sennecke. Could make sense for both sides. Unless Verbeek knows that Columbus likes Sennecke

In 2 years:

Gauthier-Carlsson-Sennecke
Killorn-McTavish-Terry
X-Zegras-Colangelo
Columbus and Utah both took Sennecke out for dinner. Everyone sees a lot of potential in him

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I really hope they know what they’re doing if they pick silayev because I don’t buy his game outside of in zone defending

Reactions: Vaakou

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I have no problem with moving Terry. I dont see how he is going to be an effective player in the playoffs at all. I hate the idea of taking a step backwards but if we could get a mid 1st round pick I would have to think pretty hard. There are some great pieces there that could be very interesting. Would definitely be a risk but the timing is also better with our core.

So you're going to trade one of the only consistent scoring wingers that the Ducks have spent years developing and who wants to be a leader on the team for, checks notes, a lottery ticket? In fact, you want a mid 1st round pick that statistically has low odds of every becoming as good as Terry. Furthermore, that player will take years before we even know if he'll be an NHL player, let alone a good one. The timing is absolutely awful for this core.

Finally, assuming he'll be bad in the playoffs with zero evidence is ridiculous. As a young player, he proved his worth at World Juniors. This talk of he's not a playoff guy is just nonsensical and not worth discussing until he has a chance to prove himself. I guess only large, physical players win in the playoffs and guys like Selanne, Kariya, McDonald, Koivu, etc... are just scrubs.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Columbus and Utah both took Sennecke out for dinner. Everyone sees a lot of potential in him
Not sure what Utah has to do with trading back to 5 with Montreal. I’ll take your word on CBJ being high on him though. If that’s the case and we really like him, I guess you do just take him at 3.

I still think we will pick a D but I’m okay with any of Demidov/Lindstrom/Silayev/Dickinson/Sennecke at this point

There’s risk involved in Silayev moreso than the others in my opinion because I’m not sure he’s more than a 30 point player really. But I trust us with defensemen so I’ll be excited

So you're going to trade one of the only consistent scoring wingers that the Ducks have spent years developing and who wants to be a leader on the team for, checks notes, a lottery ticket? In fact, you want a mid 1st round pick that statistically has low odds of every becoming as good as Terry. Furthermore, that player will take years before we even know if he'll be an NHL player, let alone a good one. The timing is absolutely awful for this core.

Finally, assuming he'll be bad in the playoffs with zero evidence is ridiculous. As a young player, he proved his worth at World Juniors. This talk of he's not a playoff guy is just nonsensical and not worth discussing until he has a chance to prove himself. I guess only large, physical players win in the playoffs and guys like Selanne, Kariya, McDonald, Koivu, etc... are just scrubs.
Agree here. It’s also a little weird that this board has convinced themselves that the Terry of last year is the Terry we’re getting the next 6 years.

As if players never have down seasons and bounce back…

Reactions: Hey234 and Boo Boo

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach

Koivu didnt win anything, McDonald was far more feisty and compact in stature, Selanne was one of the best European players ever not to mention had 30 pounds on Terry. Youre grasping for straws with those arguments.

Terry is definitely not built for playoffs, he's a perimeter offensive player that gets easily muscled off the puck and easily contained. Id much rather deal him than Z.

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014

Or how about, you know, we even get into a position where we're remotely good enough to be sniffing the playoffs and then we can start worrying about optimizing every single player to be a big boy playoff bruiser.

We've finished 23rd or lower six years in a row, yet people are still willing to "take a step backwards" with weird arguments like this. Same with the people who are cool trading Zegras for something like MTL's 5OA this year. Do these people ever want to watch an actual decent NHL team play hockey again? I'll never understand it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Koivu didnt win anything, McDonald was far more feisty and compact in stature, Selanne was one of the best European players ever not to mention had 30 pounds on Terry. Youre grasping for straws with those arguments.

Terry is definitely not built for playoffs, he's a perimeter offensive player that gets easily muscled off the puck and easily contained. Id much rather deal him than Z.
Selanne also dropped the gloves twice in his career and threw punches, the 2nd fight happened when he was in his 40s and fought one of LA's goons.
The Kunitz/McDonald/Selanne line faced every teams best shutdown lines in the playoffs because they were the most dangerous in the regular season, which helped the Penner/Getzlaf/Perry line could do all the damage in the playoffs since the opposition was focused on keeping Selanne/McDonald off the score sheet.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Its certainly not ridiculous to say that small, low intensity, physically frail wingers with average speed dont do as well in the playoffs. With that said, I dont know anything for sure. All I know is that is not the DNA of what PV is trying to build and I dont see him playing well with any of our other top young players because, in my opinion, his production is driven off of individual play.

And I didnt say I would trade him but I would listen. If Sennecke falls to 13-14ish and our scouts love him, that may be worth a trade proposal. I get that it really sucks for us fans but if a guy we really like is there it may be best for us in the long run. That's all I am saying.

Or how about, you know, we even get into a position where we're remotely good enough to be sniffing the playoffs and then we can start worrying about optimizing every single player to be a big boy playoff bruiser.

We've finished 23rd or lower six years in a row, yet people are still willing to "take a step backwards" with weird arguments like this. Same with the people who are cool trading Zegras for something like MTL's 5OA this year. Do these people ever want to watch an actual decent NHL team play hockey again? I'll never understand it.
I have ZERO interest in trading Zegras for 5OA. He is an incredibly smart player that I think is going to really flourish with more talent around him and more effective defensemen on the ice. I wouldnt trade him for anyone but Celebrini in this draft.

Dont put words in my mouth.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I really hope they know what they’re doing if they pick silayev because I don’t buy his game outside of in zone defending
The Parayko comp sounds pretty good. I really wonder how good he will be able to manage the puck. If he can effectively handle passes to the point, get shots on net, make the right reads, etc., I think he could be really effective. Lindholm played a very simple game in the offensive zone. I hear the concerns. Not really sure how he ends up.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
Its certainly not ridiculous to say that small, low intensity, physically frail wingers with average speed dont do as well in the playoffs. With that said, I dont know anything for sure. All I know is that is not the DNA of what PV is trying to build and I dont see him playing well with any of our other top young players because, in my opinion, his production is driven off of individual play.

And I didnt say I would trade him but I would listen. If Sennecke falls to 13-14ish and our scouts love him, that may be worth a trade proposal. I get that it really sucks for us fans but if a guy we really like is there it may be best for us in the long run. That's all I am saying.

I have ZERO interest in trading Zegras for 5OA. He is an incredibly smart player that I think is going to really flourish with more talent around him and more effective defensemen on the ice. I wouldnt trade him for anyone but Celebrini in this draft.

Dont put words in my mouth.
I definitely said "people" and not you directly regarding previous conversations about Zegras, but okay.

Fans are very quick to let perfect be the enemy of good is what I'm saying. Why don't we just continue to let our good players be good and stop trying to turn them into more futures. If we need to optimize some positions later on once we're actually good, then fine. But now isn't the time to be trading 60 point, young forwards for more picks because of an idea that they might not be "playoff type guys". We're probably still years away from having to worry about any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad