Prospect Info: With the 66th overall pick in the 2024 Draft, the Ducks take Maxim Masse

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Maxim Masse! Welcome to Anaheim!
1719679619630.png

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Elite Prospects

Player type: heavy shooter, power forward, sniper

"Massé wins battles through a combination of extra efforts and body positioning, and he understands how to create off-puck, whether he’s settling pucks or slipping away from opponents."

#49 by consolidated ranking
#54 by Elite Prospects
#39 by TSN/Bob McKenzie
#46 by TSN/Craig Button
#37 by THN/Kennedy
#48 by McKeen's Hockey
#56 by FloHockey/Chris Peters
#34 by FCHockey
#45 by Daily Faceoff
#30 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
#47 by HPR/Malloy
#38 by Draft Prospects Hockey
#39 by Sportsnet/Bukala
#61 by Recruit Scouting
#66 by DobberProspects
#76 by Smaht Scouting

Last edited:

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I didn't like him for a 1st rounder because of his skating, but the same is true for Parascak.

But for a 3rd rounder, yes please. There's a chance he gets coaches to motivate him yo play the right way and he improves the skating. He seems like a pretty regular kid apart from that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would absolutely take a Comtois with work ethic. The size, skill, ability wasn't the issue... it was his lack of work ethic/desire to be an NHL player.
I remember Comtois was supper ripped, he also checked well at international tournaments. Not sure if it was work ethic. Base on the party rumors he might have just been taking some bad life decisions.

Anyhow, happy to have another Comtois at #66, hope this one pans out even better.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I remember Comtois was supper ripped, he also checked well at international tournaments. Not sure if it was work ethic. Base on the party rumors he might have just been taking some bad life decisions.

Anyhow, happy to have another Comtois at #66, hope this one pans out even better.
I think we just have different definitions but same idea. When I say work ethic, I mean that he was more focused on non hockey career things (that affected his on ice play) rather than establishing himself as an NHL player. Players should absolutely have a life outside of hockey, but this is their job and they are getting paid a LOT to dedicate a large part of their life to commit to it.

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Second best shot behind Eiserman this year. Really freaking stocked we got him this late. Lots of drafts had him late first. Watching his highlights and he has amazing accuracy and lighting quick release. MacT is a comp I have

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This might be an aside, but is there a reason why we are targeting players with below-average skating?

Sidorov, Pastujov, Myatovic, and now Masse are all names that come to mind.
I don’t think we’re targeting them…. In masse and pastujov case they prob fell to a spot we didn’t expect them and figure worth the project.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00