Prospect Info: With the 3rd overall pick in the 2024 Draft, the Ducks take Beckett Sennecke

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Beckette Sennecke - welcome to the Ducks!

1719680879323.png

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

A breakout performance in the OHL playoffs has really brought Beckett Sennecke’s name to the forefront and seen him have a big rise up NHL Draft Boards. Sennecke led the Oshawa Generals to the OHL Final, putting up 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points in 16 games. Unfortunately, an injury would prevent him from playing in the league final, and his Oshawa Generals did not stand a chance against the high powered London Knights without him. Sennecke had 27 goals and 41 assists for 68 points in 63 games in the regular season.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Wanted Demidov, it will be questionable if taking another forward over him was the correct move, but honestly we have a good stable of young talent and at this stage i'm totally fine with taking a swing on a guy we like even if it wouldn't have been my pick.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He's gonna play in the NHL and he's an elite goal scorer with smooth skating but I'm just as shocked as the player. There are gonna be much better players drafted after him. 0% chance he's the 3rd best player in this draft. Watching the OHL Sennecke was good but nowhere near dominant enough to justify a 3rd overall as a winger. He was helped a lot by playing with two vets as well. Compare that to Marek Vanacker who put an entire team on his back I just have to say that Vanacker was way more dominant despite playing on a worse team and without two elite vets on his line. Vanacker may not even go in the 1st round.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
wx2tcy6idz0c1.jpg

For real though he's a Duck now and I'm gonna root for him to be an all timer, future HOF player but holy shit that's the one guy I didn't want us taking from all the names mentioned

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He's gonna play in the NHL and he's an elite goal scorer with smooth skating but I'm just as shocked as the player. There are gonna be much better players drafted after him. 0% chance he's the 3rd best player in this draft. Watching the OHL Sennecke was good but nowhere near dominant enough to justify a 3rd overall as a winger. He was helped a lot by playing with two vets as well. Compare that to Marek Vanacker who put an entire team on his back I just have to say that Vanacker was way more dominant despite playing on a worse team and without two elite vets on his line. Vanacker may not even go in the 1st round.
0% huh

Wheatens

Oct 20, 2023
Similar to Carlsson, this is another player who has grown a lot in a short period of time. Ducks are betting on Sennecke's projection when his body synchs up plus the potential to add strength further down the road.

Last edited:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

It's more about potential and trajectory than what they are today. After watching what he can do as a scrawny kid, the Ducks clearly see huge potential when he rounds out his frame at 6'4 215. They are all on different tracks, clearly this scouting staff sees Sennecke as someone who will continue to improve in leaps and bounds.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean what percentage would you give it with so much potential in this draft? He's a Winger who did not dominate in the OHL. He played well, scored a lot of points. But he wasn't the driving force of his line and not really a puck hog or possession monster either. The combination of speed, size and goal scoring is intriguing and there's potential there but this a good draft in my book and for a winger to be the 3rd best player it would take a lot. I also think that there are better wingers in this draft. Sennecke wasn't even the best OHL forward available in my book. Nothing wrong with Sennecke as a prospect but as a 3rd overall? That's a shocker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad