Prospect Info: With the 23rd overall pick in the 2024 Draft, the Ducks take Stian Solberg!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Another interesting, raw prospect. Physical guy with some skill as well. Biggest question is if he has enough IQ to make the most of these tools. And if not, he might still carve out a career as a bottom pairing NHLer.

Going from Norway to the Swedish elite league is a big jump for him next season. I just hope that his team gives him proper ice time, as the Swedish teams are a bit notorious for keeping the kids on the bench too much…

Reactions: Ori and lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they had him top 10.

Solberg's stock rose so high that many had him as the #7 d-man after the top-6. Those top-6 d-men are Lev, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Silayev, Dickinson, and Buium; Buium went 12th overall and the last of the top-6. St. Louis selected RD Jiricek at #16 and Jiricek became the 7th d-man off the board.

Verbeek noted he looked for teams that were lacking in draft picks as potential trade partners. It's something many of us do, look for teams lacking in draft picks or have multiple draft picks in one round as potential trade partners. Solberg dropped into a potential trade partner spot and the deal was made.

Solberg is a potentially better shutdown prospect get than Emery or Elick.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Madden was quick to point out that while Solberg is getting known for his physical side, he also shows poise and confidence handling the puck. Ultimately projects as more of a shutdown guy but not because he's limited in any way.

Madden also seems quite certain that Solberg will be a future leader, based on his confidence and grit.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
I'd probably even say that Solberg has a lot of untapped potential offensively. In an ideal scenario with perfect progression rates, I would like to think he will be a Sergachev-type of player, but meaner.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Obvious Madden pick but Verbeek describes him as a player he likes and he signed, just taller.

Well done, that makes complete sense.
Dummy noone said Madden is the final say but it's possible he laid a convincing case to draft him to Verbeek given later he was fist pumping after the pick. Like I said it points to a Madden pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00