Prospect Info: With 154 pick Bruins select Jonathan Morello

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Decommitted from Clarkson, back on the market per Divver. Will be in junior again, this time in the USHL with Dubuque.
Is this good or bad for him? I would like to see him play in juniors over Clarkson where he probably wouldn't have as much offensive freedom.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Is this good or bad for him? I would like to see him play in juniors over Clarkson where he probably wouldn't have as much offensive freedom.
The ushl seems like an excellent development league. :). Was he even scheduled to go to Clark’s on this season? I think it was next season he was off to college. I think this year he was already committed to the ushl team.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The ushl seems like an excellent development league. :). Was he even scheduled to go to Clark’s on this season? I think it was next season he was off to college. I think this year he was already committed to the ushl team.
Correct. Clarkson has a new coach too. I’m sure he can go up a tier in school. No info but I wouldn’t be surprised at Quinnipiac.

Just saw Sax post Quinny in the other thread. He got that from me 😐

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The plan was for him to spend another year in junior. Divver reported that Morello decommitted, meaning he's likely looking for a better program than Clarkson and/or the Bruins are steering him towards a particular program or a choice of a couple.

Bruins have been known to steer some of their mid to later round picks in the direction of a Hockey East or closer by ECAC school (or just draft guys already committed to those type of universities), as they trust the development of those programs and/or have more of a hands on involvement in those prospects' development. This has been a trend since the Bruins drafted McAvoy.

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Gotta think the Bruins wanted Morello's development to be guided by Jay Pandolfo and Kim Brandvold, former B's staffers.

Morello bolsters an already strong group of 2025 forwards for BU: Conrad Fondrk, Jack Murtagh, Zach Morin, Jack Pridham and Callum Hughes.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad