Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg @ Washington | 2/25/20 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Was listening to Laine’s morning skate scrum on TSN just now and he comes across like a real asshole. I remember thinking a few years ago what a nice kid he seemed like.

I guess he has matured into a douche.
Nobody cares as long as he scores goals. Also...nice kid? I don't know when were you watching him to have come to this conclusion but he has always been an overconfident, cocky, dismissive in his comments type of dude.

Reactions: Sam Spade

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
The Irish Channel is a fun spot and kind of hidden but only two blocks from Cap One.

I've been. Cool spot when they have trad music, but not impressed with their beer selection. Any irish place which sells more non-irish than irish beer is not really an irish pub.

Wi6z9li.jpg

Reactions: zappa4ever

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Nobody cares as long as he scores goals. Also...nice kid? I don't know when were you watching him to have come to this conclusion but he has always been an overconfident, cocky, dismissive in his comments type of dude.

I thought he was supposed to score over 50 per year? Poor Winy Thrashers always hype him up every year as the person who will replace Ovi in scoring, only to realize he's not really that special.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Was listening to Laine’s morning skate scrum on TSN just now and he comes across like a real asshole. I remember thinking a few years ago what a nice kid he seemed like.

I guess he has matured into a douche.

I still think it’s incredible that Ovie has a buttload more goals again than the guy with the best shot in the league...

Reactions: Raikkonen

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was rooting for Laine to take off. Still am. His shot is incredible to watch. The league needs dynamic young talent and Laine should be a part of that next generation.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Imagine if Ovi and Kovy scores in the same game for the same team in the NHL, that would be soooo sweeeet :naughty:

BTW, I hope Kovy will start to take responsibilities (I mean shoot the puck when he has a chance) from game 1, shift 1.

We know that when star/good players are traded to a new team, they tend to pass the puck instead of shooting in the first few games, just because they're new in the team.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I have a good feeling that Kovy will score his first point as a Cap tonight.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Can we change this year's motto to "For the Motherland"? We have so many Russians im gonna start to lose count soon

Pretty sure this is why Kovy chose the Caps instead of the Bruins who have exactly zero Russians. If Kovy was a Czech I think the Caps would have been screwed. :laugh:

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I was rooting for Laine to take off. Still am. His shot is incredible to watch. The league needs dynamic young talent and Laine should be a part of that next generation.

I was kind of rooting for him as well, I love goal scorers, but after listening to him today, not so much.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What did he say?

Just very dismissive with the reporters and kind of dissed Ovechkin in a subtle way. Said he didn't want to be here for the Ovie pre-game stuff and wished the Caps organization wouldn't be doing it tonight.

Implied Ovechkin scores all his goals the same way, which was the one that really pissed me off. He realized how it came across and then switched to the "but no one can stop his shot" garbage.

Just another entitled pro athlete who doesn't realize how good he has it. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Heath and txpd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad