GDT: Winnipeg Jets @ Seattle Kracken Oct 24 9pm TSN 3

Inanna

Cat Lady
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
North of Toronto
I don't know how I'm going to manage to watch this game. It ends at nearly 2:00 in the morning for me, I have to have the kids up at 7:00 make them breakfast and lunch and get them to school by 8:00.
The game ends near 1 ayem for me and I have to excite freshmen about composition and exposition at 9 ayem.

Maybe the Jets will have the game salted away after two periods and I can slip between the sheets...

fish

F ............. I ............. S ............ H

you're welcome ........ :laugh:
This was foxing brilliant and made my afternoon!

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
As I have said in the past the only way Stanley leaves is via FA, trading Stanley won't garner much and will highlight how wrong Chevy got with that pick. Having said that I think Stanley has been fine in the games he has played

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
She's also from Winnipeg and is a huge Jets fan!

F-RBQycXoAA9N3g

f028cc7f121c97fedefe8046e7976035.jpg

D-GNbnpXUAA1Ujp

That's a whole lotta' Rosie...

:popcorn:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
It feels like us fans have gone down that road a hundred times, yet still no trade.
Not this fan - I don't think they are looking to trade him - they want him in the lineup and are going to spend some more time with him.
They are not looking for quickness or mobility - they want a big guy back there that will take the body and give the opposing offense something to think about when they are cycling through our guys.
He's not there yet but they are working on it - whether or not he gets there, we'll see - but he's going to get a lot of opportunity.
I don't expect to see a trade at this point - if anyone is traded, it is likely Ville IMO - but he'll get his looks before it comes to that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not this fan - I don't think they are looking to trade him - they want him in the lineup and are going to spend some more time with him.
They are not looking for quickness or mobility - they want a big guy back there that will take the body and give the opposing offense something to think about when they are cycling through our guys.
He's not there yet but they are working on it - whether or not he gets there, we'll see - but he's going to get a lot of opportunity.
I don't expect to see a trade at this point - if anyone is traded, it is likely Ville IMO - but he'll get his looks before it comes to that.
I'm pretty neutral on Stanley. I think he is a NHL player, but more a depth #7 type. I guy who can ideally bring some toughness, but not a guy you want in every game. I thought Fleury brought a lot more when he played. I do share your suspicion that eventually Villie might be the D-Man moved.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

That's a tough post to read but you might be right. I gave up any pretense of them moving on from Stan when 2 weeks before the playoffs, they literally shook their entire bottom pairing which had great results, passed over 2 veteran D with playoff experience in Schmidt and Miller, moved Samberg to his offhand (which I don't even recall him playing with the Moose) in order to get Stanley a spot in the lineup. After that, I am not believing any talk of "trade" or "showcase" until it actually happens.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm pretty neutral on Stanley. I think he is a NHL player, but more a depth #7 type. I guy who can ideally bring some toughness, but not a guy you want in every game. I thought Fleury brought a lot more when he played. I do share your suspicion that eventually Villie might be the D-Man moved.
Yes, this group are probably all in that spot right now (6/7) - I'm commenting only on why I think they are working hard on Stan to get him in that spot.
They want that size in the lineup - and we could probably use it if they can get him to where they want him.
This frustrates a lot of fans and I get that - but maybe we need to look a bit further ahead than the last game in order to understand why they are doing this.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
That's a tough post to read but you might be right. I gave up any pretense of them moving on from Stan when 2 weeks before the playoffs, they literally shook their entire bottom pairing which had great results, passed over 2 veteran D with playoff experience in Schmidt and Miller, moved Samberg to his offhand (which I don't even recall him playing with the Moose) in order to get Stanley a spot in the lineup. After that, I am not believing any talk of "trade" or "showcase" until it actually happens.
Yeah, I figured it would be a tough read for many - but we really need to look at why they are doing this and not just the fact that they are doing it.
We have zero grit on our blueline - we might have a couple of guys that will play the body - but there no snarl in any of them (maybe JoMo).
Stan is no Dillon (and keep in mind, we no longer have Dillon) but he will mix it up with pretty much anyone - and there will be times when you need that back there.
It will come down to whether or not he can be effective enough in that role in order to off set his shortfalls - and that only means he has to be a decent defender

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
True :laugh: - but at least he really has the nasty and grit.
Give big Logan credit for trying, but it doesn't appear to come naturally to him.
I think the learning curve is around timing more than learning how to be mean -

You don't want him chasing guys to make a point - and that the curve he needs to learn.
He has the size alone to stop a play in it's tracks if he does it right. If he gets it right, it won't be long before the opposing teams are paying attention to him out there. That alone is a huge - those highly skilled offensive guys do not like playing against a 6'7" giant who knows how to hit and is looking for the opportunity to do that on every play.

Reactions: voyageur

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
Mm….Food album is one of my favs.

If you actually wrote this, I f***in' love it. MF DOOM is one of my all-time faves, the king of the underground.

"Grab a mic like a hockey stick and put the biscuit through your 5hole" is an all timer

You fellas are alright in my books.

Many moons ago I was given Tony Hawks Underground (GameCube) for Christmas. My musical tastes changed dramatically after that. That game put me on to DOOM, Quasimoto (Madlib), Jurassic 5, Deltron 3030, Busdriver and the long since defunct Def Jux record label. During the bling era of hip-hop I was deep into the underground stuff. Took what I could off Limewire, of course. But I have a fond memory of biking 40ish minutes down to the CD Plus near Polo Park to scour the place for cd's. I still have the copies of Dangerdoom, Madvillainy and the Mm.. Food cd/dvd that came packaged in silver foil, that I bought back then.

Hard to pick my favorite project of his if I had to. His story and output from 1999 to 2005 is legendary. Truly the best to ever do it in my humble opinion.

I don't listen to hip-hop like I used to, but I always have room for DOOM. Operation Doomsday is a perennial autumn album, so I've had that on this month. Who else could sample Scooby Doo but the villain?

And for the record, when I emcee, it's all me, no GPT. Tried my best to capture his essence, so thank you kindly.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I don't know how I'm going to manage to watch this game. It ends at nearly 2:00 in the morning for me, I have to have the kids up at 7:00 make them breakfast and lunch and get them to school by 8:00.
they drink beer? yet... No? darn wouda been an easy day.

Hopefully showcasing him for a potential trade.
beat me to it.... so that means they're trading VH for a backup goalie, I'll take that Pens goalie that played us

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I still have the copies of Dangerdoom, Madvillainy and the Mm.. Food cd/dvd that came packaged in silver foil, that I bought back then.

Nice! Those are all great groups/artists as well. Still spinnin' tons of MF DOOM and El-P projects/solo stuff. Lots of CZARFACE as well, who teamed up with MF DOOM for a couple of albums.

I knew some of you around here had good taste hahaha

Reactions: Ponds

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
You fellas are alright in my books.

Many moons ago I was given Tony Hawks Underground (GameCube) for Christmas. My musical tastes changed dramatically after that. That game put me on to DOOM, Quasimoto (Madlib), Jurassic 5, Deltron 3030, Busdriver and the long since defunct Def Jux record label. During the bling era of hip-hop I was deep into the underground stuff. Took what I could off Limewire, of course. But I have a fond memory of biking 40ish minutes down to the CD Plus near Polo Park to scour the place for cd's. I still have the copies of Dangerdoom, Madvillainy and the Mm.. Food cd/dvd that came packaged in silver foil, that I bought back then.

Hard to pick my favorite project of his if I had to. His story and output from 1999 to 2005 is legendary. Truly the best to ever do it in my humble opinion.

I don't listen to hip-hop like I used to, but I always have room for DOOM. Operation Doomsday is a perennial autumn album, so I've had that on this month. Who else could sample Scooby Doo but the villain?

And for the record, when I emcee, it's all me, no GPT. Tried my best to capture his essence, so thank you kindly.
In my teens and early twenties I was a huge hip hop fan. I was into everything from Duck Down Music Inc to No Limit. One day I’m listening to D.I.T.C, De La Soul then the next day some mainstream west and East Coast stuff.

Maybe I’m old but I cannot stomach 90% of the current artists. I’m finding myself listening to all the original music they sampled from, new country (you wouldn’t never catch me listening to that im the 90’s-2010’s, and southern rock.

Reactions: Ponds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad