Winnipeg Jets Schedule 2024-25

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

According to the release...

The Prime Monday Night Hockey package, produced by Prime Video, will feature a new broadcast team offering in-depth analysis and play-by-play coverage, and stream live exclusively to Prime members in Canada.
So 4 games not on tv.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
So 4 games not on tv.
This is where my son comes in and calls you a boomer. Lol.

We don’t have cable. Only apps like Sportsnet, tsn prime and Netflix. How we watch all our tv. We can’t be alone in this, although we were early adopters. Cut cable back in 2015 ish. Rough couple of years for dad sports wise. lol. But it’s bounced back!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg

We don’t have cable. Only apps like Sportsnet, tsn prime and Netflix. How we watch all our tv. We can’t be alone in this, although we were early adopters. Cut cable back in 2015 ish. Rough couple of years for dad sports wise. lol. But it’s bounced back!
I have too many streaming services. Not getting another. We have TSN+, DAZN, Crave, Netflix and sometimes Disney+. Prime and the NHL can go f*** themselves.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I haven't had cable for over 10 years.
Anything I want to watch I will stream. This includes movies. sports, tv shows. etc...
I pay for Netflix and Prime, the rest I stream for free. I watched Killers of the Flower Moon while it was still in the theaters in Winnipeg.
There are places you can watch NHL, AHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, ECHL, SHL, and a bunch of other European leagues I can't remember.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

According to the release...

The Prime Monday Night Hockey package, produced by Prime Video, will feature a new broadcast team offering in-depth analysis and play-by-play coverage, and stream live exclusively to Prime members in Canada.

One thing that I'm still unsure of - are the Prime streams replacing home team coverage or is it in addition to?

Cause I'm not resubscribing to Prime just for 4 Jets games :thumbd:

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I have too many streaming services. Not getting another. We have TSN+, DAZN, Crave, Netflix and sometimes Disney+. Prime and the NHL can go f*** themselves.
Agreed 100%.

Anything I want to watch I will stream. This includes movies. sports, tv shows. etc...
I pay for Netflix and Prime, the rest I stream for free. I watched Killers of the Flower Moon while it was still in the theaters in Winnipeg.
There are places you can watch NHL, AHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, KHL, ECHL, SHL, and a bunch of other European leagues I can't remember.
Agreed. We had a “box” back when we first cut the cable. Speeds and quality for sports made it basically unwatchable.

Once the kids got older to know what’s what - we just decided to nuke the box, and pay for what makes sense for us.

It was getting out of hand before we reviewed what we had and scaled back. See ya later Disney plus - you’re garbage!

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

It does depend upon the technical expertise of the other people you live with. I've been downloading shows etc. that I have wanted to watch , but just couldn't for various reasons, and I was doing this before there were streaming services. So for me, it's all no issue to get what I want to watch, but the wife does not want to go thru hoops just to watch what she does... so it's cable TV for her and anything else she wants that is not on TV, I download and put on my NAS... so it's pretty straight forward. TV or NAS... easy to use.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It does depend upon the technical expertise of the other people you live with. I've been downloading shows etc. that I have wanted to watch , but just couldn't for various reasons, and I was doing this before there were streaming services. So for me, it's all no issue to get what I want to watch, but the wife does not want to go thru hoops just to watch what she does... so it's cable TV for her and anything else she wants that is not on TV, I download and put on my NAS... so it's pretty straight forward. TV or NAS... easy to use.
I just stream movies off of sites like Goojara and don't download them.
I have no box or roku or firestick.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't get me going on streaming worst thing to happen to tv since the invention of cable. I can't believe anyone thinks it's a good idea to pay 10 streaming services over cable.
1720128398363.png

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
SSH game they give away t-shirt and such
Jersey off our backs fans are drawn prior to the game to get a jersey on the ice from a player.
No idea what Helle night is unless it’s a bobblehead
Ticket trades- I used this to get 4 tickets to a game instead of 2 and got 2 tickets to see Bedard play but he was hurt and didn’t dress. It’s a nice feature.
They did a Hellebuyck bobblehead a couple years ago, I doubt it's that (bobblehead is probably Lowry this year he is due). Helle night probably to honor him winning the Vezina? I can't recall a themed night for a player before this.

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad