Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I don't think the Jets are alone in worrying about setting a precedent - this is an NHL issue, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've had couple of discussions with NHL management about it.

I believe this as well. No NHL team is autonomous in its transactions and discussions.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
c'mon Joe, broad brushes

Burmi's problems weren't work ethic related so much as fitting his game into the system, which he did fine after being benched last year

aslo in Telegin's case, I think worrying about setting a precedent is a pretty minor thing since I don't expect too many Russians getting drafted by TNSE any time soon

Well I guess work ethic can include trying to change the style they want to play. Its been discussed ad nauseum but to me that reeks of laziness

Savardian Spinarama

Grippin' 'n Grinnin'
Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
BZEcmqACUAA6WeL.jpg:medium

Note the depth chart and prospect lists to Chevy's left.

Obviously we can't read the names, but it is interesting to see.

Also interesting to see the Eagles and EHL on the board.

pic.twitter.com/4m7sIlkME5

Always thought he'd have a nicer office, fully stocked wet bar and walk in humidor ;)

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
BZEcmqACUAA6WeL.jpg:medium

Note the depth chart and prospect lists to Chevy's left.

Obviously we can't read the names, but it is interesting to see.

Also interesting to see the Eagles and EHL on the board.

pic.twitter.com/4m7sIlkME5

if only image enhancement was as easy as primetime crime drama's make it out to be.....

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
All time leader is Emanuel Viveiros with 60... Hmm that might be tough to pull off. :laugh:

Small puck moving defensman before there were many puck moving defensman that played with some great Raider teams (including a memorial cup team).

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Oh ya, and Jets blue chip Cisse scored a goal :sarcasm:

Superstar!

BTW, for those that are curious, Cisse had a better ppg in his overage year than Sutter and has struggled to get into ECHL lineup. Or how about direct league comparison David Toews who after 20g, 48pts in 60gp in his overage year (much better than ppg btw) who would go on to score 14g, 44pts in 114 gp in the ECHL. Sutter is a bust, IMO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Portland trails 2-3 mid way through the 3rd period.....Petan with 2 assists (beast)!

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Superstar!

BTW, for those that are curious, Cisse had a better ppg in his overage year than Sutter and has struggled to get into ECHL lineup. Or how about direct league comparison David Toews who after 20g, 48pts in 60gp in his overage year (much better than ppg btw) who would go on to score 14g, 44pts in 114 gp in the ECHL. Sutter is a bust, IMO.

Agreed, Mr. Caulfield. I did not mind the pick when it was made, as I had visions of a physical, gritty player who could collect points winning pucks in the toughest areas on the ice. As it is now, I've pretty much abandoned all hope that he will even put on an Ice Caps sweater, let alone play a shift in the NHL. Pretty unfortunate, but there is little to build on that would suggest that he is not a complete and utter bust of a pick. He will join a list that likely also includes Brennan Serville, titled "OOPS" at the bottom of Chevy's filing cabinet.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
No team has a perfect draft record, so it's to be expected for busts.... but...

I didn't think Sutter had the upside to be picked in the 2nd round and was more of a 3-5 round guy.
I talked myself into being ok as I thought Kosmachuk was a 2nd round talent.
Now I realize I'd rather have had two Kosmachuks than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad