Winnipeg Jets are tied for the 7th longest winning streak (reg season) of all time [anti-whining ordinance in effect]

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
Because iron man streaks, by their nature, extend across many seasons. We don't count goal scoring streaks across seasons. The 50 in 50 streak starts fresh at the new season.

New season, new roster, new streak imo.
I know you're not saying this - but there was a contingent of Laffs fans going on about Matthews scoring 50 in 50 over 2 seasons and acting like it was the same thing

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Lol. It's not the same thing. In fact, the rules for that feat state the 50 goals have to be within the first 50 games of the season.
Rules?

I'm not sure why anyone gets tied down in arbitrary rules. If he scored 50 in his last 50 games, he scored 50 in his last 50 games.

The Jets have won 14 straight regular season games. Take it to mean whatever you want. It's a fact.

Using last season to make this season seem more impressive just makes it all less impressive.
Its simply a fact.
Impressive, not impressive... I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Its simply a fact.
Impressive, not impressive... I guess that's in the eye of the beholder.
I ordered Chinese food. That is also a fact. Is it worth a thread?

Actually... I take back the snark. Who doesn't love Chinese food?

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Have you been to Winnipeg? I’ve been to Anaheim several times.

I’m from Winnipeg, there is no comparison.
Of course there's no comparison. In Winnipeg there's nothing else to do but watch Jets games. In fact, you could say that for the whole province of Manitoba.

In Anaheim though, you have so many choices that ice hockey is almost never a topic of conversation. And if it is, it's probably about 'The Mighty Ducks' movie. 2/3 of population don't even know they have a NHL team.

Joking aside, you can't just count population in specific market areas and make any meaningful conclusion out of it.
I think the best metric is still the club revenue. The most recent numbers I can go by, Ducks had 164 million annual revenue, and Jets 162 million (USD). That's about 1.2 % difference. Even that distorts the picture unless you account for purchasing power of a dollar in Anaheim vs Winnipeg.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I ordered Chinese food. That is also a fact. Is it worth a thread?

Actually... I take back the snark. Who doesn't love Chinese food?

Well, 7 teams in the history of the NHL have done it.

I guess something that happens every 20 years or so might qualify for a thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad