Winnipeg Jets are tied for the 11th longest winning streak (reg season) of all time

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
There's different ways to define different streaks
50 in 50 is always single-season
Ironman streaks are over many seasons
14 in a row over 2 seasons is pretty cool, and 6-0-0 to start the year is also a nice start

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
People are so serious about this! It's just a fun stat, no need to be like "Ackshually, it's over 2 seasons..." It's still pretty damned impressive in my opinion. Over two seasons or not, not many teams have done what they have. Less than 10 now in fact.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Why not add a lottery after the shoot-out? 3 shootere each, if still tied, draw straws!
Shootouts are an imperfect resolution to a game, but a legitimate one, and are recognized as such internationally and across multiple sports.

Even an average shootout is a source of excitement that draws in the novice fan. At its best it’s a showcase for some of the elite talents in the league, and has given us jaw dropping highlights by the likes of Kane, Datsuk, Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Oshie… and Marek Malik.

The real issue for the NHL is the fact that an SO win is considered the equivalent of a RW in the standings (except when used as a playoff tiebreaker). So yeah I think there’s a legitimate gripe to be had about the point allocation system.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Shootouts are an imperfect resolution to a game, but a legitimate one, and are recognized as such internationally and across multiple sports.

Even an average shootout is a source of excitement that draws in the novice fan. At its best it’s a showcase for some of the elite talents in the league, and has given us jaw dropping highlights by the likes of Kane, Datsuk, Kucherov, Kuznetsov, Oshie… and Marek Malik.

The real issue for the NHL is the fact that an SO win is considered the equivalent of a RW in the standings (except when used as a playoff tiebreaker). So yeah I think there’s a legitimate gripe to be had about the point allocation system.

What does it matter if its a "legitimate one"? That's not what's being discussed. It's a lottery and I understand it's place as entertainment. It's just not a valid wat to end a game imo but then again. I'm european and not allergic to games ending in a tie.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
As a Jet fan I find these kind of threads silly. Lets have these threads when the Jets are 14-0-0+. Until that happens 6-0-0 is nothing to write home about. They could easily lose their next 4-5 games.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
I hope whatever streak it is, it ends tonight. But they have been damn good to start the year and the streak will probably continue. Playing like they will start the playoffs at home for Game 1.
The Jets got destroyed by the AVs in the POs that were then destroyed by the Oilers. Lets not plan the SC parade just yet after 6 games.

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
There's different ways to define different streaks
50 in 50 is always single-season
Ironman streaks are over many seasons
14 in a row over 2 seasons is pretty cool, and 6-0-0 to start the year is also a nice start
Nobody see 14 wins split between 2 regular season with 4 loses in 5 games in the 1st round of the POs as a success.

Shlep

Sep 13, 2024
The Jets got destroyed by the AVs in the POs that were then destroyed by the Oilers. Lets not plan the SC parade just yet after 6 games.
Colorado and Edmonton didn't play each other in the playoffs.

Nobody is planning a parade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deno

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
What does it matter if its a "legitimate one"? That's not what's being discussed.
It's just not a valid wat to end a game imo
Idk if there’s a language barrier here but legitimate = valid

but then again. I'm european and not allergic to games ending in a tie.
A compromise: if no one has the lead after 5 shooters, the shootout ends in a tie. That way everyone’s equally unhappy

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Colorado and Edmonton didn't play each other in the playoffs.

Nobody is planning a parade.
Your right. The Oilers beat the team that destroyed the Avs that destroyed the Jets.
Now that we cleared this up how about addressing my point.
Celebrating 14 wins over 2 seasons with a massive PO lost in the first round sandwiched in-between this 6 game streak is ridiculous.
BTW I've been a Jet fan since 1972.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012

They have won their last 8 last year and first 5 this year.

Sandwiched by a pretty crappy playoff but impressive none the less.
Last year doesn't count into this season because they got their ass handed to them in the playoffs so there's some losses there. New season new start.

This doesn't work like the iron man. It's laughable it's even on that wiki page to be honest. It's like the least impressive of the win streaks that are consecutive in a season.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
can't stand linking seasons together, makes zero sense

Had a montreal fan say Caufield is essentially a 40 goal scorer over the past 2 seasons.

I just dont get it.
seen people link seasons together with "Pace" calculations and everything.

Just ignore the 5 months rest in between

I think linking win streaks is dumb but linking point totals for young ascending players while not ideal makes more sense. Shows that he improved late last season and it carried over to this season.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, no matter how you view it, they have won 13 regular season games in a row.
Uh, no... you can't say "no matter how you view it" in this case, because if you view it so that streaks are reset when seasons change, then this way of viewing it would invalidate the streak.

And I feel this way about it, by the way. Everything resets when the season changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad