Winnipeg Jets 2024-25 Coaching Thread

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
With Bones expected to retire, I suspect the plan all along has been for Bowness to be the coach on a temporary 2-3 year term with Arniel as the heir apparent.

While I think I would prefer a fresh set of eyes as coach, I am going to keep an open mind on Arniel. He wasn’t given much of a chance with Columbus all those years ago because the roster was complete watery shit.

As for the other assistants, I don’t have much to say, other than to metaphorically fire Lauer into the sun.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Salute to Rick Bowness - great human, good coach, but could not get out of his own way. We didn't see eye to eye, but I love the job you did with the guys in the interim. We need somebody that will better integrate young players and put them in positions to succeed. The last two coaches sucked ass in that respect. Look at who's leading the charge in Dallas. Nobody over 24 years old. The youth is there, so let's f***ing do it.

MarkWheeler

Dec 16, 2018
Who would actually be the preferred choice here? Who’s available to look at? Gallant, Berube. I think this group needs someone who’s a bit more of a hard ass. Obviously not d-bag level, but bench guys who are playing like shit. Pull the goalie if he stinks. Don’t automatically give goalies a huge amount or starts just because they’re getting paid a lot. Give the young guys a shot.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Who would actually be the preferred choice here? Who’s available to look at? Gallant, Berube. I think this group needs someone who’s a bit more of a hard ass. Obviously not d-bag level, but bench guys who are playing like shit. Pull the goalie if he stinks. Don’t automatically give goalies a huge amount or starts just because they’re getting paid a lot. Give the young guys a shot.

Probably best to wait until after the playoffs end to see if anyone worth looking at shakes loose.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

Former cup winners:
Babock, Quennville, Sutter(retired?), Berube, Julien(retired?), Bylsma, Hartley, Crawford, Carlyle (retired?)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the jets hire someone new, bones pretty much said during season ending interviews that he wanted to come back and they didn't just promote arneil right away, bones also blamed the pk for two of the losses during the series

That is a possibility. If they are looking at someone new then I'm curious who they would have on their list.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The right thing for the Jets to do would be to open the door for everyone and find the right coach to fit with this team .... the default TNSE move will be to hand the reigns to Arniel.
if that was default then wouldn't they just handed him the reigns and not said they were considering all options?

Reactions: Bladerunner62

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
if that was default then wouldn't they just handed him the reigns and not said they were considering all options?

They have to say they are considering all options even if they aren't. This way TNSE make people think the organization is always doing what is best for the team. All I'm saying is if Arniel is the new coach I will not be surprised at all.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

I can think of a number of reasons:
1) They as mentioned by the tweet didn't want to take the spotlight off Rick today by simultaneously introducing the new coach.
2) They want to give to the impression that they are conducting a coaching a coaching search even if they know who they want for optics purposes.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I can think of a number of reasons:
1) They as mentioned by the tweet didn't want to take the spotlight off Rick today by simultaneously introducing the new coach.
or maybe just maybe they are actually going to be doing a coaching search, arneil is one of the options they will be looking at and the narrative that hfjets made up that arneil was the 1000% heir apparent to bones just isn't as true as they made it up to be...

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
HC. Arniel
Asst Coach PP - Pascal Vincent (once he's fired....)
Asst Coach PK - Mark Morrison

Baumgartner to Moose HC

• Love
Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad