OT: Winnipeg Ice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I would say no.
Are the Moose currently profitable or are they just breaking even/losing money? I read attendance is down almost 1000 this season, on average compared to last, and that they are 22nd in attendance overall in the AHL.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Are the Moose currently profitable or are they just breaking even/losing money? I read attendance is down almost 1000 this season, on average compared to last, and that they are 22nd in attendance overall in the AHL.
It doesn’t matter what they are financially. It’s simply the cost of doing business in the NHL. TNSE has complete control over player development, don’t see that changing. I’m sure the compounded ticket increases for the Jets will more than off set any Moose losses.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
I think an OHL team would have been more intriguing. Imagine having the luxury of having the WHL a couple hours away and the OHL in town avaialble to the scouts and Jets brass! Not to mention the treat to us fans who would have all these prospects to talk about. Having an interleague game between Brandon and Ice would be unbelievable and unique!
Travel costs would ultimately prohibit this though, too bad..

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It doesn’t matter what they are financially. It’s simply the cost of doing business in the NHL. TNSE has complete control over player development, don’t see that changing. I’m sure the compounded ticket increases for the Jets will more than off set any Moose losses.

Yup, we are paying for the Moose even though we don't get to go to any games. :sarcasm: Bit O.T., but it would cost the Jets nothing to throw in 10 Moose games a season for each season ticket. Hell, because the Moose charge the same for concessions as the Jets, they would quickly cover the price of the tickets after a beer or two.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I wonder what this rink will look like.

Does Kootenay have the 1st overall pick this year? Also, wasn't there a MB kid expected to be in the mix to be #1?

edit: Matthew Savoie would be fun to watch

Reactions: SM

Jaffray15

Mar 12, 2008
Winnipeg
www.nhl94.com

This... Plus they make money on Merchandise and Drink/Food sales an extra 40+ games from October till April. Lastly, they aren't paying for flights back and forth to another city when players are Recalled/Assigned... It's a Win/Win for True North.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Thanks for your opinion but that wasn't my question.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
WHL formally announces Kootenay Ice move to Winnipeg - Cranbrook Daily Townsman

It won't be a free move.

Fettes says there are is still things that need to be worked out with the move, including with the City of Cranbrook and the lease they have. “Our intention is to live up to the promise [and] to be fair as we exit, but those conversations are yet to be had,” he said.

Hollick's Between The Lines: ICE & City Sign New Lease

A new lease was signed between the City of Cranbrook and Kootenay ICE Hockey Club on Jan 21/2009 for a duration of 15 years. So this team still has to pay off 5 years of the lease or whatever they agree to. Article says the lease had no exit clause.

Never thought I'd see the day Winnipeg has 3 relocated franchises.

Last edited:
Reactions: roccerfeller

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Hoping a new name/Logo
Ice is cheesy... Logo is horrible
Start the name game once again!
Warriors- Good but also a name of one of the biggest gangs in the province
Falcons- Cool.. like it
Winnipeg Wasps... like it potential cool logo/Jersey

lfunk

Apr 9, 2018
With Krebs and Lambos and another high pick this year the team is going to be good very soon.

I doubt anyone is more thrilled than the Lambos family. If he gets drafted by the Jets, he'll never have to leave home!

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Hoping a new name/Logo
Ice is cheesy... Logo is horrible
Start the name game once again!
Warriors- Good but also a name of one of the biggest gangs in the province
Falcons- Cool.. like it
Winnipeg Wasps... like it potential cool logo/Jersey

Not to mention the Warriors logo would not fly in this PC culture of ours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad