OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
His last name was originally Lane but he had to legally change it.

I would have liked to see an American LB on this list...

I had a feeling they would bring Grainger back - he didn't get many reps at all.
My wife's massage therapist lives on Penny Lane and my dental hygienist used to live on Easy Street. :laugh:

Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Nichols was having a huge season... thats a bummer

Wondering if the new DE Wright isn't more of a WIL/MLB in the CFL...

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sucks for Biggie. Would have liked to see how far they could have taken this D. Bighill's coverage prowess in pass coverage from the MLB spot is impossible to replace. Hopefully Kyrie will be able to get healthy and stay healthy. With Tony Jones and Kyrie Wilson at LB they still have enough there. But I'm less certain of results with David Ayers and/or Brian Cole playing regular roles in the LB corps.

Interesting note with that message is that Bighill doesn't mention retirement nor does he mention returning next season. I think he'll probably see where he's at in February to decide if he wants to come back for one more season. I do think the Bombers will try to get as many of the "band" back together in 2025 as they can (that can still play) for one more run at it in 2025 with the home Grey Cup before we head into at least a mini rebuild. It'll be interesting to see if O'Shea will stick around for a rebuild. But that's a long ways away yet to start discussing.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad