OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Dolegala and/or Scott is fine with me.

Realistically, who else is out there? Cornelius would’ve been a fine option as well, but maybe he’s done with football?

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bryan Scott was the best choice, IMO. Has a little bit of experience, maybe some upside.

Dolegala I don't like at all. But meh.

Sounds like they'll add one to main roster, one to PR. Both will likely need 2-4 weeks to get up to speed on Bombers playbook. See Rourke, Nathan for how hard it is for a QB to join a new O and play well immediately. Let's just hope we don't need either soon as I hot no faith in Wilson. But really let's hope we don't need either at all this season (maybe in Week 21 when we've locked up first 😉)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not sure what they see in Dolegala other than CFL experience. Immobile giraffe in the pocket, terrible ball placement.

Don’t know much about Scott. Maybe he’s a good option in short yardage?
Ding ding ding.

I'm not a big fan of Dolegala but he's got CFL experience and that's the most important thing for a backup.

It also kinda says how important Streveler is given they essentially had to sign two guys to fill both the "is a decent backup" and "can do short yardage" to fill the void he left.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Ding ding ding.

I'm not a big fan of Dolegala but he's got CFL experience and that's the most important thing for a backup.

It also kinda says how important Streveler is given they essentially had to sign two guys to fill both the "is a decent backup" and "can do short yardage" to fill the void he left.
Everyone seems to have assumed that Wilson is not the answer. Why? Other than inexperience, what do people have against him?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Everyone seems to have assumed that Wilson is not the answer. Why? Other than inexperience, what do people have against him?
He was pretty much ass in the preseason. The only reason he won the QB3 job was because the other two QBs competing for the third spot (Barriere and Grainger) were somehow worse.

He may be just fine as the short yardage QB, but I think there’s a good reason to be apprehensive about him running the offense if Collaros goes down.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
He just didn't show much at all in pre-season, hard to be encouraged. It's not like he was a raw rookie, he has USFL experience.

Wouldn't be wise to risk to go into a playoff game with him.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's the thing, he does have extensive pro experience. Alot more than most rookie CFL QBs. In years past with Dru Brown and Sean Maguire, at least we're legitimate young guys with upside. Wilson is 26 and has played 2 years pro in USFL where he backed up a guy who couldn't even make it to final cuts with the Argos. And Wilson was awful in pre-season. There's zero reason to suspect he's a guy.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Guess that 50 dollar fine on Brown last week didn't work eh ? If Brown got suspended like he damn well should have been we wouldn't need to scramble to find a backup right now. Nice CFL , really nice.:mad:

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
1726526327739.png

Maybe this week he can end someone's career

Reactions: Jets 31

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

How Johnson lasted this long without doing anything is head scatching.
I decided to check out the CFL transaction wire after seeing this post and these were just a few of the moves made today. The others...
Transfer to 6 Game IR (probably season ending then)
WR Drew Wolitarsky

Released
WR Josh Johnson

Add to Main Roster
WR Keric Wheatfall
RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike

Add to Practice Roster
QB Jake Dolegala
QB Bryan Scott
QB Darren Grainger (was in camp with Bombers)
DB Russell Dandy (was in camp with Bombers)
WR Penny Hart
DL Brandon Wright

All 6 of the adds are Americans. There's the expected PR expansion players. One of the QBs will be added to the main roster later this week when Streveler is moved over to 6 game IR.

I knew Josh Johnsons time was up. He looked visibly frustrated he wasn't getting the ball during Banjo Bowl and as soon as the final whistle blew he sprinted off the field to the locker room while everyone else celebrated and went to shake hands. I think he basically quit.

Oh and in other fun news Ryquell Armstead who was released from OTT cause he was entitled and took stupid penalties was added back to a roster. Who else? Riders. Being a hot head, being dirty, poor attitude...these are not bugs in Saskabush, it's a feature they look for. No wonder they implode every single year.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I decided to check out the CFL transaction wire after seeing this post and these were just a few of the moves made today. The others...
Transfer to 6 Game IR (probably season ending then)
WR Drew Wolitarsky

Released
WR Josh Johnson

Add to Main Roster
WR Keric Wheatfall
RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike

Add to Practice Roster
QB Jake Dolegala
QB Bryan Scott
QB Darren Grainger (was in camp with Bombers)
DB Russell Dandy
WR Penny Hart
DL Brandon Wright

All 6 of the adds are Americans. There's the expected PR expansion players. One of the QBs will be added to the main roster later this week when Streveler is moved over to 6 game IR.

I knew Josh Johnsons time was up. He looked visibly frustrated he wasn't getting the ball during Banjo Bowl and as soon as the final whistle blew he sprinted off the field to the locker room while everyone else celebrated and went to shake hands. I think he basically quit.
Penny Hart is not a real name. I don’t believe it.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Penny Hart is not a real name. I don’t believe it.
Haha. This got me curious. Played at Georgia Tech in college. UDFA will Colts in 2019, released. Spent 2019-2022 with Seahawks, appearing in 39 games getting 11 catches for 82 yards on 19 targets between 2020-2022. So extreme depth guy. In camp with Falcons in 23, ended up released on an injury settlement in October. I guess he would have been in receiving room with Sasks Braden Lenius (who was trying out as a TE) and obviously was briefly then a teammate with former Bomber Dee Alford. 28 years old now, but a prospect for next year probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad