OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Pathetic display.

Opposing QBs have enough time to make a 4 course dinner on every play.

Heat on Collaros but why not use Strev more? Oliviera paid like a king but not good enough for run plays?

Reactions: Jets 31 and braunm

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
QB is the BB biggest issue this season

hopefully zach gets injured for a 6 game period
hopefully you get banned for wishing a player gets injured, I don't see many qb's doing well with this line, they couldn't even block 3 at the end of the game and the fact that our two top receivers are injured...

Pathetic display.

Opposing QBs have enough time to make a 4 course dinner on every play.
night and day compared to how much time we get...

None

Feb 22, 2012
Sure, but they used him far more with Collaros the first time around. Now he's getting barely any touches. Also with our receivers out the dual run threat of him and Oliveria is likely our best bet to imo.

Probably hopeful that he can get over it and O'Shea is probably old school enough that he thinks the best way to get over it is more playing time :dunno:

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
hopefully you get banned for wishing a player gets injured, I don't see many qb's doing well with this line, they couldn't even block 3 at the end of the game and the fact that our two top receivers are injured...

night and day compared to how much time we get...
when we had a line last season zach stilkl couldnt get it done

WTF is SK doing calling a passing play instead of taking a knee?
stop it...what is this pop warner

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
when we had a line last season zach stilkl couldnt get it done
last time I checked he's won 2 grey cup for us, multiple mops, lost one by a blocked fg and one when the defense allowed a 3rd and 28 on the final drive with an injured bighill and schoen... plus our oline wasn't even that good last season as well...

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
last time I checked he's won 2 grey cup for us, multiple mops, lost one by a blocked fg and one when the defense allowed a 3rd and 28 on the final drive with an injured bighill and schoen... plus our oline wasn't even that good last season as well...
Exactly. Collaros is going down as a Bombers legend no matter this plays out.

But I don't think the conversation around his play in unwarranted. It has not been good enough this year. Our OL has not been outstanding, but it's not like he was under siege tonight, IMO. He just couldn't find any answers.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
lifetime ago...once again living in the past.....what is now aint gonna win anything ...what do they say ...u r what ur record is!!!

Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Everything aside, it’s a little sad watching them. You could feel it a little last year, see some of the guys getting long in the tooth.

They don’t have it anymore. It’s a decent team, one that could upset anyone in a league as small as the CFL, but they aren’t the same.

I’ll miss that dominant window because it was such a great time to be a fan.

They signed Strev, use him. They have arguably the best RB in the league, use him on run plays.

That defensive line, I’m not sure the answer there. Like I mentioned, opposing quarterbacks have all night to pick off a very passive secondary.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
who allowed bighill to play and the oline was good enuff...zach threw a number of questioinable int all last season!!

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Exactly. Collaros is going down as a Bombers legend no matter this plays out.

But I don't think the conversation around his play in unwarranted. It has not been good enough this year. Our OL has not been outstanding, but it's not like he was under siege tonight, IMO. He just couldn't find any answers.
he needs to play better but I think people are blowing it was out of proportion, lawler and schoen being out are massive losses, our oline was not good tonight at all, took away some big plays from holding calls and did not give zach much time at all

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Corey Mace is a terrific defensive coordinator and it showed tonight. I suppose the early injury to Clercius didn't help either, but the scheme completely took away Zach's reads and they were getting pressure at times only rushing 3 defensive linemen, completely abusing Kolankowski and Lofton all night. Pierce's opted to go dumpoffs to Oliveira instead of trying to get anything going with the run game - really think they should have gotten Streveler in there more to get some physicality and force SSK to adjust, but Bombers were chasing the game all night. Demski has really disappointed this season in the absence of Schoen and Lawler, too, tries to fight for extra yards but is carrying the ball so far away from his body, no wonder he's frequently fumbling it again.

On the other side of the ball, Kramdi was invisible tonight, and that was a mix of him actually playing some decent coverage or just not being involved in the play at all (other side of the field - and again, some plays where he takes bad angles that he takes himself out). Willie finally had a game where he looked like himself again, but can't say much for the other defensive linemen (granted they were also getting held in the interior all night, which refs called only the incredibly obvious ones against the Bombers). Bighill continues to read the field well but Father Time is showing, he's just a step or two late to making the play.

Unfortunately for the Bombers, getting healthy just won't solve all the holes in this team. Couple that with Collaros having a brain fart or two every game now, and it's hard to get any sort of momentum from that. They'll still be competitive, it's just hard to see them as contenders, especially in comparison to BC and SSK with a healthy Harris.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
or he's just not good enough to carry the offense with this lack of protection and losing his 2 biggest weapons
does it really matter how many weapons u give hime...can he get the ball to them....he had problems geting it to them last season also

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
does it really matter how many weapons u give hime...can he get the ball to them....he had problems geting it to them last season also
yes, losing lawler schoen and having horrible protection is a massive problem rofl...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
rofl...he had problems getting the ball to receivers in this game!!!
having a hard time figuring out how this post makes sense at all...

me: losing schoen lawler and having a bad oline is a massive problem

you: he had problems getting receivers the ball tonight!!!!

like no shit?

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
or he's just not good enough to carry the offense with this lack of protection and losing his 2 biggest weapons
Huge part of the problem is that he’s trying to do too much. His INT was a perfect example, trying to thread a low percentage throw when he should just toss it out of bounds and take the points.

I agree with Holden, he’s probably the best Bomber QB I’ve watched in my lifetime, but just not getting it done this year. 2-8 TD-INT ratio, passer rating below 80… that’s horrid no matter what your supporting cast looks like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad