OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
He definitely did. Terrible mark

But the command Center could not overturn that all. Because of the bad on field call, command Center made the right call there
therre was a replay where he wasnt even close at least half a yard short

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
therre was a replay where he wasnt even close at least half a yard short
Need a clear view of the ball and his knees to overturn it …. Not a good educated guess where they are in the pile. Can’t overturn the call on the filed with the replays we saw.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
if a team has been driving on you all night you go for it on 3rd down to kill the clock, the argos weren't moving the ball at all... kick the f***ing fg and trust your d to do what they did all f***ing night

o-line sucks and is by far the biggest problem with this team

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Well, with a back to back to BC coming we could end up 2-8 before labour Day. May catch Calgary, but I can't see us winning a playoff game. The run maybe isn't dead, but its on life support.

Reactions: rkp

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
if a team has been driving on you all night you go for it on 3rd down to kill the clock, the argos weren't moving the ball at all... kick the f***ing fg and trust your d to do what they did all f***ing night

o-line sucks and is by far the biggest problem with this team
Afraid to kick the ball to Grant I guess.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
There has to be something wrong with zach even though he had a good game, that hit he took wasnt major and yet he could barely get off the turf.....

Streveler has always been automatic on 3rd and short… I didn’t mind the call there, and I think they got a bit of a bad spot.
up the gut wasnt working all that well in the game...should have tried over or around the end

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Turnovers is why the Bombers lost. Reffing is what ensured they couldn't win.

Im the guy who NEVER likes to talk reffing. But now we must. 3 games this year (home v CGY, last two weeks) the reffing has been among the worst I've ever seen. CFL needs to do something, cause you are going to lose fans with this kind of crap.

The one real positive is the Bombers badly outplayed the Argos. Might be the first time that's happened this year in any game. The margin for error is nearly gone completely at this point, there are steps in the right direction. It's a Bombers win if they don't have the 3 fumbles. It's a Bombers win if the refs don't gift wrap a defensive TD to Argos (among other calls).

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Putting Streveler in every time it's second and 1 or 2 is such a stupid move. The defence knows exactly what's coming and they stack the line accordingly. And as this game proved a couple of times, Streveler is NOT automatic. Just leave Collaros in, give the ball to Oliveira if you want to run. Or better yet, mix in some play-action passes to get the defence guessing and back them out of the box -- and maybe pick up 30 yards or a TD to boot. Have we seen ANY play-action passes on second and short this season? I can't remember any. It's always the totally unimaginative decision to put crappy-passer Streveler in and do the same thing over and over and over. Just stupid, that's pee-wee football play calling. Save Streveler for third and 1 (with exceptions). Play f***ing pro football the rest of the time, ffs.

Collaros had his nicest pass in weeks (months? years?) on the TD that the receiver almost fumbled away like a freaking amateur. But many, many times he's too slow to get the ball away. Like the one he threw to the corner of the endzone when the Bombers were moving from left to right. As soon as the pass was out of his hand, before the camera started panning right, I knew it was trouble. The pass was too late, the receiver would have already been standing in the corner waiting and the defensive back would have had time to catch up to him. And that's exactly how it played out. Luckily the defensive back had stone hands and couldn't finish the interception. Had Collaros thrown that ball a second earlier it's a touchdown. The same thing's been happening many times each game, including other examples today. You think maybe Collaros is underthrowing the ball, and while he sometimes is, other times the exact same pass if delivered on time falls right into the receiver's hands. I think his brain is slowing down, just as his arm is getting weaker. That's not going to get better next year either. Bombers should be doing a full-court press to get Nathan Roark here, but I think they'd lose that battle to the Lions even if they try. Too bad. And Streveler sure as hell isn't the answer.

And Whilee is right, with and without hindsight: they should have kicked the field goal. Like I said, Streveler is NOT automatic, especially behind that wimpy offensive line.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Putting Streveler in every time it's second and 1 or 2 is such a stupid move. The defence knows exactly what's coming and they stack the line accordingly. And as this game proved a couple of times, Streveler is NOT automatic. Just leave Collaros in, give the ball to Oliveira if you want to run. Or better yet, mix in some play-action passes to get the defence guessing and back them out of the box -- and maybe pick up 30 yards or a TD to boot. Have we seen ANY play-action passes on second and short this season? I can't remember any. It's always the totally unimaginative decision to put crappy-passer Streveler in and do the same thing over and over and over. Just stupid, that's pee-wee football play calling. Save Streveler for third and 1 (with exceptions). Play f***ing pro football the rest of the time, ffs.

Collaros had his nicest pass in weeks (months? years?) on the TD that the receiver almost fumbled away like a freaking amateur. But many, many times he's too slow to get the ball away. Like the one he threw to the corner of the endzone when the Bombers were moving from left to right. As soon as the pass was out of his hand, before the camera started panning right, I knew it was trouble. The pass was too late, the receiver would have already been standing in the corner waiting and the defensive back would have had time to catch up to him. And that's exactly how it played out. Luckily the defensive back had stone hands and couldn't finish the interception. Had Collaros thrown that ball a second earlier it's a touchdown. The same thing's been happening many times each game, including other examples today. You think maybe Collaros is underthrowing the ball, and while he sometimes is, other times the exact same pass if delivered on time falls right into the receiver's hands. I think his brain is slowing down, just as his arm is getting weaker. That's not going to get better next year either. Bombers should be doing a full-court press to get Nathan Roark here, but I think they'd lose that battle to the Lions even if they try. Too bad. And Streveler sure as hell isn't the answer.

And Whilee is right, with and without hindsight: they should have kicked the field goal. Like I said, Streveler is NOT automatic, especially behind that wimpy offensive line.

Streveler has been automatic though. Tonight was an anomaly. It really wasn’t that crazy a decision, even though it’s easy to say it was bad in hindsight. It was similar to O’Shea’s decision to go for the two point conversion at the end of the game against the Stamps three weeks ago. Everyone called it genius then.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
The Bombers actually hanging in all these games with a squad of largely backups, third stringers, and camp cuts is commendable, but it’s getting late for moral victories.

We HAVE to see some lineup changes next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: roccerfeller

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mediocre coach O’Shea back on full display after being masked for a few years by outstanding rosters!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad