OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (7-6) - No notes needed. - Next at EDM Sept 21 600pm

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

LBs Kyrie Wilson and Brian Cole along with FB Bailey Feltmate all moved to 6 game IR.

Recently signed LB Tony Jones will start at WLB. Tyrique McGhee, who was considered the front runner at boundary corner in camp, has been brought onto the roster as backup SLB in what will be his season debut. Marquise Bridges returns to roster as backup HB after starting 1 game and appearing a couple so far this year. And 2023 7th/8th Round pick LB Max Charbonneau returns to the roster as a depth ST piece.

Bombers have literally 6 offensive backups. 2 of which are QBs, 2 OL. Razor thin on offense.

Bustamente beat me to it as always haha

SO MANY f***ING INJURIES

This year might be a write-off, performance of the team aside it’s tough to be competitive with this absurd number of injuries

Reactions: FonRiesen

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
SO MANY f***ING INJURIES

This year might be a write-off, performance of the team aside it’s tough to be competitive with this absurd number of injuries
12 guys on 6 game, 7 of whom were projected starters in the off-season. Several others such Cole and Chris-Ike that were projected to be key pieces as backups and Wheatfall was the first guy off the PR when injuries started so they had high hopes on him as well. It's alot of carnage.

When you remember 3 of our 4 projected starters along the DL have combined to play less than a single game so far this year our run defense and pass rush struggles start to make alot more sense.

Honestly this may be a retool year, but if they start to get healthy at the end of year...you never know.

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Maybe I’m alone here, but anyone else puzzled at how Lucky Whitehead isn’t able to crack the receiver rotation? Perhaps a case of age and declining skill?

Because it’s not due to any great play from our American receivers. Josh Johnson is just a guy, hasn’t flashed anything special. Even Ontaria Wilson - outside of his one amazing performance vs. Calgary - hasn’t really shown me much, seems to struggle to gain separation. Lucky has played both slot and wideout, so could replace either one.

(Obvious caveat that the lacklustre QB play makes it hard to truly evaluate the receiving corps to this point…)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe I’m alone here, but anyone else puzzled at how Lucky Whitehead isn’t able to crack the receiver rotation? Perhaps a case of age and declining skill?

Because it’s not due to any great play from our American receivers. Josh Johnson is just a guy, hasn’t flashed anything special. Even Ontaria Wilson - outside of his one amazing performance vs. Calgary - hasn’t really shown me much, seems to struggle to gain separation. Lucky has played both slot and wideout, so could replace either one.

(Obvious caveat that the lacklustre QB play makes it hard to truly evaluate the receiving corps to this point…)
They are saying he's still getting up to speed. Should debut either next week or after the bye.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013

You are being too kind with "the lacklustre QB play" remark. And by that I'm referring to lackluster play of #8. It pains me to write this as I religiously wear my Collaros jersey to games and when I watch the Bombers on TV.

The Whitehead situation is baffling as I agree that the current crop of American receivers leaves a lot to be desired. Might Whitehead be a better K/P returner than the current guy(s)?

A lot of roster including practice roster moves by the Bombers tall foreheads are head scratchers.

Is Wade Miller about to explode?

Reactions: Stumbledore

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Aren't we all truly alone when you really think about it

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Aren't we all truly alone when you really think about it
1722038591825.png

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Are we getting stuck with Andre Proulx again tonight? If so it will start smelling like 2-6 real quick.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Pass coverage has looked alright. The pressure isn't there on passing plays though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad