Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2024-25 Summer Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
This is a tough opening month of games to start the season:

1000023578.png

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
We still have to wait awhile for game one. Opening day is Tuesday.
I feel like we always have a weird schedule to start the year. For a while they always started on the road, then they were the banner-raising opponent like 3 years in a row, now I swear they always start at least 3 or 4 days after the rest of the league

This is a tough opening month of games to start the season:
Think you need at least 9 of 14 points from the 7 in-conference games and hope to split the VGK/DAL games

Reactions: BallardEra and um

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
The sweater ads suck and make me sad. But looking at that pic, I'm really feeling the age on those unis. i wonder if they're waiting until Ovi hangs 'em up--keeping those as the "Ovi-era" look--before doing a redesign. But man, it's past due.
Even though I'm not huge fans of the Anaheim and LAK redesigns this year they're certainly better than what existed previously and leaves us, CBJ, and CAR as the three teams that are most in need of a change up.

Whatever they do I hope that 1) they use either red or teal/black as the base and don't go navy and 2) the weagle stays where it belongs as a secondary mark

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
They had the perfect base for a redesign with the reverse retros, and just decided not to do them. I think the whole schabang, (Jerseys, Presentation, etc.) all needs to be redesigned and modernized. I feel like everytime I've been the a Caps game the last few years it's felt like it's started to get dated. This is doubly so when you see some of the wild presentations around the league.

I wish they'd stuck longer with the last stadium series jersey. I wasn't a fan at first, but seeing them in action and they might be my favorite jersey besides the flying weagle. They just looked so damn good during play, which is something most jerseys don't have.

1725907199496.jpeg

Reactions: um and qc14

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
I like the Stadium Series Weagle jerseys but they feel (like the red RRs) more like special event jerseys rather than primaries. That is honestly one of my complaints about the new ANA unis. If it was me I would go back to black/teal/gold and have the black RRs as the new homes and a white version of the dome as the new aways

I may just be biased by the fact that Ovi has scored every single time they've worn the black ones though ...

Marshall

A Mahoney guy
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to retire the current sweaters when Ovechkin retires, making them the "Ovechkin Era" or "Championship" unis, then starting a new era with new duds?

I'm not in marketing, but I'd sure consider something like that.

For clarity, they would most definitely be different event.

Ed - not the first with this idea

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to retire the current sweaters when Ovechkin retires, making them the "Ovechkin Era" or "Championship" unis, then starting a new era with new duds?

I'm not in marketing, but I'd sure consider something like that.

For clarity, they would most definitely be different event.
... You don’t say... ;)

I like the Stadium Series Weagle jerseys but they feel (like the red RRs) more like special event jerseys rather than primaries. That is honestly one of my complaints about the new ANA unis. If it was me I would go back to black/teal/gold and have the black RRs as the new homes and a white version of the dome as the new aways

I may just be biased by the fact that Ovi has scored every single time they've worn the black ones though ...
The red RRs were spectacular. I always hated the blue flying eagles. The were just so hideous and had nothing to do with anything Caps. But the red were awesome. I'd be delighted to see that be the basis for their future kits.

The giant weagle on the other hand--No. Never. Ugliest sweater ever. Ovi looks embarrassed to be wearing it in that pic.

Last edited:

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Yea I think with the red RRs I would need to see what I white version looks like. I love the screaming eagle logo though and the diagonal/V stripes on those jerseys are a cool look and totally unique in the league without being gimmicky.

I agree a re-design is coming and I wonder whether they stick with red/white/blue or go back to black/teal/gold. Totally think the "rock the red" era jerseys should retire with Ovi though

Reactions: Calicaps

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Can't stand any Jersey ads. Will actively avoid any jersey advertiser if at all possible, as they are, to a degree, ruining it for me. Makes me WANT to stop watching and do other things - kinda stupid strategy the league has with this as the additional revenue isnt that big. I know a lot of other older traditional fans also feel that way.

As for the Caps I don't gamble or Tic tok so whatever. Just feel distanced from the game more by it. But still Go Caps, so I guess they don't care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad