OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (1-4) - Strevy and the D gets us off the slide - Next vs Calgary July 12 730pm

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Collaros listed as the #3. Seems likely he doesn't play.

Other changes are minor, with 2023 draft pick WR Jeremy Murphy and backup DB Marquise Bridges (who started for Nichols in Week 3) both moved back to PR. WR Kevens Clercius will make his first career start. WR Myron Mitchell moved back onto roster, but RB Chris Smith remains the teams returner. And RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike draws back into the lineup.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Collaros listed as the #3. Seems likely he doesn't play.

Other changes are minor, with 2023 draft pick WR Jeremy Murphy and backup DB Marquise Bridges (who started for Nichols in Week 3) both moved back to PR. WR Kevens Clercius will make his first career start. WR Myron Mitchell moved back onto roster, but RB Chris Smith remains the teams returner. And RB/FB Michael Chris-Ike draws back into the lineup.
Seems like re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic :nod::sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Bauming is saying Collaros won't dress. Only on roster as Bombers don't have any other QB's around to fill the spot. The fact that they didn't get another QB in means this is likely a short term thing, but we'll need Streveler to perform to get us off the slide. We'll see how the game goes. Time to see if the extra money invested in what should be a good reliable vet option at backup QB was worth it.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I didn't mind Bridges game - he deserved to replace Holm... dressing two fullbacks seems weird I guess only one makes GameDay

Thomas schmekel.... blah

Are we using the nationalized import yet? It's not readily apparent

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I didn't mind Bridges game - he deserved to replace Holm... dressing two fullbacks seems weird I guess only one makes GameDay

Thomas schmekel.... blah

Are we using the nationalized import yet? It's not readily apparent

It doesn't really matter with us due to the number of Canadians we start. Thomas is freely substituted for an American on and off due to this anyways. Woods, Thomas, and Adams at DT are pretty much playing 1/3 of the time in a straight rotation that Ive seen, with Schmekel only on the big team for short yardage plays. From what I've seen.

Same with Kramdi and Cole for that matter. Having so many Canadian players means means Bombers never have to care about making sure subs are one for one for Canadians and Americans.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The CFL finally got around to suspending Shawn Lemon again lol
1000005881.gif

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Watching how bad the Riders and Argos were tonight … sheesh. Quality seems down across the board in the CFL again this year, except for Montreal.

Granted both teams were playing their backup QBs.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Watching how bad the Riders and Argos were tonight … sheesh. Quality seems down across the board in the CFL again this year, except for Montreal.

Granted both teams were playing their backup QBs.
That's the primary reason. Dukes is pretty new and looked good in some other starts so there might be something there despite the brutal outing. His receiver certainly didn't help him out resulting in a few of those ints. Shea Peterson got a couple crucial first downs to run out the clock but overall I don't think he was that impressive. I have my doubts he is anything more than an average backup and not true starter material.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
That's the primary reason. Dukes is pretty new and looked good in some other starts so there might be something there despite the brutal outing. His receiver certainly didn't help him out resulting in a few of those ints. Shea Peterson got a couple crucial first downs to run out the clock but overall I don't think he was that impressive. I have my doubts he is anything more than an average backup and not true starter material.
Agreed. Any idea on how long Harris is out? I know he’s on the six-game, but is he expected back? I haven’t been following as closely the past week because of work being so busy.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Oof. Cut blocks always look dangerous...
Refs extended Ottawa's drive with a weird pass interference - Ryhmes turns mid route and jams into our DB, thought the D player had to initiate contact to be a penalty...

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This is an early 2010s Bombers offensive line.

I don't think Dru Brown is the answer in Ottawa. He makes stupid read after stupid read after stupid read

• Wow
Reactions: FonRiesen

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
So did Kerry Joseph
It's been a while since we've seen effective running QB's. With the right playcalling and no holding flags, we could probably get things going...

Edit: And that's a cool play. Let's see more of that.

That was Not an illegal pass. He wasn't over the line... f*** these refs.

Edit edit edit: so nice to have a kicker that can consistently go 50+ yards.

Last edited:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
It's been a while since we've seen effective running QB's. With the right playcalling and no holding flags, we could probably get things going...

Edit: And that's a cool play. Let's see more of that.

That was Not an illegal pass. He wasn't over the line... f*** these refs.
Only a five yard difference in penalty yards between throwing the ball forward when you're six inches over the line of scrimmage and punching someone in the face

• Haha
Reactions: FonRiesen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad