OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (0-4) - Well this has happened. What next? - Next vs Ottawa July 5 730pm

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Oh well. Bombers won a couple Cups while I still live and breathe. Where's the tank thread.

Quite the shitty Winnipeg sports weekend.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
dumb play calling by buck at the end in OT...u could see they were gonna blitz...and he calls for a drop back pass instead of RPO

Reactions: FonRiesen

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Strev's mechanics are so weird - he had a nice drive but a vet QB can't make that throw in OT... teams are going to have a field day now that they have film of him

Holm needs to be replaced - a DB can't lead your team in tackles

OL is in crisis - Lofton doesn't have footspeed, Neufeld/Kolo not making reads, communication is bad

DL - Thomas/Schmeck getting zero push - Americans have their moments though

Oliviera deserves to be pissed - Buck's game planning is right back to Lapo level

ST looking sharp on both sides.. could have some nice receivers in training

Osh needed to call a timeout when he saw Calgary load up in OT

Welcome back to Matt Nichols Mike Oshea football - I had forgotten what it was like...

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
dumb play calling by buck at the end in OT...u could see they were gonna blitz...and he calls for a drop back pass instead of RPO
At the very least, Streveler needs to recognize it and call an audible.

Is Collaros out long term? Buck's going to have to completely shift his gameplanning if Strev takes his place.

Reactions: snowkiddin

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Strev's mechanics are so weird - he had a nice drive but a vet QB can't make that throw in OT... teams are going to have a field day now that they have film of him

OL is in crisis - Lofton doesn't have footspeed, Neufeld/Kolo not making reads, communication is bad

Oliviera deserves to be pissed - Buck's game planning is right back to Lapo level

Welcome back to Matt Nichols Mike Oshea football - I had forgotten what it was like...
i dont think they there is timeout in OT

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
This team has stayed loyal to players that were part of 2 grey cups who are well past their prime, there's lot of bad on this team starting with the O line, linebackers are terrible, D line has been gutted by injuries, the punter sucks, receiving core after 2 major injuries is sub par and ZC looks cooked.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Neufeld's read on the play near the end of the 1st half that knocked Collaros out for a bit was brutal.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
A Collaros injury is just icing on the shit cake, hard to win any games down your QB1, WR 1 and 2, half your defensive line, and a starter in the secondary.

They’ve got themselves a hole to dig out of now, especially losing to a team like Calgary.

This should’ve been done weeks ago, really, but hey nice to see him back.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
A Collaros injury is just icing on the shit cake, hard to win any games down your QB1, WR 1 and 2, half your defensive line, and a starter in the secondary.

They’ve got themselves a hole to dig out of now, especially losing to a team like Calgary.

This should’ve been done weeks ago, really, but hey nice to see him back.
don't know if they could have afforded it until schoen went down

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
don't know if they could have afforded it until schoen went down
That’s a good point, but I think with Lawler and Lawson on the 6-game they should’ve had some gap. But yeah with Schoen done for the year and a bunch of rookies we desperately needed something. I think Lucky will fit back in well.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
That’s a good point, but I think with Lawler and Lawson on the 6-game they should’ve had some gap. But yeah with Schoen done for the year and a bunch of rookies we desperately needed something. I think Lucky will fit back in well.
Lucky had kind of lost a step... I actually didn't think our receivers were a huge problem other than the learning curve

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
If I have to watch Kramdi play another series in which he either loses his guy in coverage or closes too fast and loses his contain and gets beat on speed, I might go insane.

Just when Collaros look like he was shaking his rust from not having played any pre-season games, he gets injured because Dobson stopped blocking his guy and went to double team on the edge rusher and left his QB super vulnerable in a mid-throwing motion. And then Streveler comes in and... looks like he hasn't played any pre-season games as he constantly threw behind his target. (And Buck Pierce didn't help, as he didn't call a rushing play to Oliveira until there was 2:55 left to go in the 3rd quarter. Like... why???)

Bombers are losing winnable games, and while I'm not explicitly pointing to the lack of pre-season games as the pure reason why, it's the most obvious example of their hubris coming back to haunt them. It's embarrassing for a team that we expect to be much, much better than this current display.

None

Feb 22, 2012

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
If I have to watch Kramdi play another series in which he either loses his guy in coverage or closes too fast and loses his contain and gets beat on speed, I might go insane.

Just when Collaros look like he was shaking his rust from not having played any pre-season games, he gets injured because Dobson stopped blocking his guy and went to double team on the edge rusher and left his QB super vulnerable in a mid-throwing motion. And then Streveler comes in and... looks like he hasn't played any pre-season games as he constantly threw behind his target. (And Buck Pierce didn't help, as he didn't call a rushing play to Oliveira until there was 2:55 left to go in the 3rd quarter. Like... why???)

Bombers are losing winnable games, and while I'm not explicitly pointing to the lack of pre-season games as the pure reason why, it's the most obvious example of their hubris coming back to haunt them. It's embarrassing for a team that we expect to be much, much better than this current display.
Fort Hew is now Fort Hubris?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

1. Why bother calling this a Jordan Younger D - Hall is still up in the booth... except now every play Jake Thomas just gets washed - our DL is starting to gel and its very apparent Thomas is not keeping up - watch pursuit... Thomas is never even close - if we are still playing a Hall D, it needs constant pressure

2. the confusing Buck Pierce play calling... its just really reminiscent of Lapo where he is outthinking himself with playcalls and then ends up keeping Oliviera's usage super basic.

Then add basic clock mismanagement almost every game now... and THEN just baffling calls for the redzone in OT - how does he not go to the Strev/Oliviera option on that last series... and then when he doesn't, there's no quick out for the pressure - its Lapo slow evolving curls that didnt work six years ago

Reactions: FonRiesen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad