Winnipeg Attendance

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Jets fans can try to defend these diminishing numbers all they want but if this continues, you will not have a team down the road.....the problem for the Jets is that Manitoba is not a rich province....those are facts....are regardless of how rich their ownership is, they will not be happy about losing money......simple economics.
their arena only holds 15k, just under 13 isnt really that bad, people today have never been more broke with how much we get taxed. I personally havent been to a Leafs game since 2017 or 18, maybe if we didn't get taxed near 50% more people would go to games.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Jets fans can try to defend these diminishing numbers all they want but if this continues, you will not have a team down the road.....the problem for the Jets is that Manitoba is not a rich province....those are facts....are regardless of how rich their ownership is, they will not be happy about losing money......simple economics.
image.png

numbers have always been fine till the past 4 years. seems Winnipeg needs more rich people. most are struggling since covid entered our lives

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
this thread and entire conversation is idiotic.

85% attendance with above NHL average ticket prices, a below average corporate support.

get over it. the Jets are Fine.
Huh...weird seeing you post on the defense. Turn tables...

Anywho, Totally agree that the Jets will be fine.

That said, the problem is that, when you're dealing with the smallest arena in pro sports, the 85% number really isn't the stat. It would be for most arenas, but at 15K, the business model is likely focused on mostly selling out.

I hope that the corporate support turns around. It'll always be a challenge in a smaller market. Maybe more sponsors/advertisers will come once the surrounding development is complete.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Jets don't care about their fans. Chevy should have been let go when the Kyle Beech SA came out. Same shit different pile for 13 years.

They could learn a lot from the Bombers. Bombers started 0-4 this season and were still selling out/close too. It helps that they listen to fans and have been to 4 Grey Cups and won 2. The Jets will be fine but I won't go back. Our downtown is disgusting too. Jets have a few deep playoff runs and the fans will be back.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020
That said, the problem is that, when you're dealing with the smallest arena in pro sports, the 85% number really isn't the stat. It would be for most arenas, but at 15K, the business model is likely focused on mostly selling out.
Give TNSE some credit, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their business model of arena ownership, pro sports teams and real estate development doesn't hinge entirely on selling out every last upper bowl nosebleed seat for Jets games (which is where the empty seats generally are).

Reactions: Skidooboy

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's sad that Winnipeg is the new rage target now that Phoenizona has moved to Utah.I have had my sports team move and it absolutely sucks and it shouldn't be wished on anyone.

Everyone who is complaining about Winnipeg is now on time out and needs to sit in the corner and rethink their life. ( and you aren't getting dessert tonight)

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Huh...weird seeing you post on the defense. Turn tables...

Anywho, Totally agree that the Jets will be fine.

I hope that the corporate support turns around. It'll always be a challenge in a smaller market. Maybe more sponsors/advertisers will come once the surrounding development is complete.
Attendance is meaningless... REVENUE MATTERS
Average ticket prices matter.
cramming an extra 2000 people into an artena for $25 a seat vs Winnipeg's nosebleeds at $75 a seat isn't more profitable.

team like the Panthers have tickets at almost HALF the price of Jets tickets.

so if both teams sell 85% attendance

here's simple math. giving an even fairer ticket price difference
18K x .85 x $1.00 = $15,300
15K x .85 x 1.50 = $19,125

so which team has more revenue again?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Give TNSE some credit, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that their business model of arena ownership, pro sports teams and real estate development doesn't hinge entirely on selling out every last upper bowl nosebleed seat for Jets games (which is where the empty seats generally are).
Oh, I definitely give them credit. Some of the richest people in the world. They're obviously incredibly smart businessmen.

All I'm looking at are the numbers. Even a sellout in Winnipeg is something like 2,500 under the median attendance. That's a lot of ground to make up.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
People here talk about Blue Bombers ticket prices like they are junior A hockey but in reality they are broadly similar to Jets ticket prices. Bomber season tickets range between $24-$167 a game. Jets season ticket prices are $40-$206 a game. Obviously season tickets for the Jets are substantially more expensive in total because there's 4x the number of home games. But for a casual fan looking for a night out, the difference is not that vast.

Personally I spend more money on Blue Bombers tickets than I do on the Jets in any given season. But that said, the Jets are moving in the right direction... the team is doing well, and the game experience is improving. Keep doing that and the Jets will soon be in the same boat as the Bombers.
there is no $40 tickets. maybe on stub hub the day before certain games...... but that isn't at all a typical price.

I used to pay $75 for the 2nd last row upper deck corner.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Attendance is meaningless... REVENUE MATTERS
Average ticket prices matter.
cramming an extra 2000 people into an artena for $25 a seat vs Winnipeg's nosebleeds at $75 a seat isn't more profitable.

team like the Panthers have tickets at almost HALF the price of Jets tickets.

so if both teams sell 85% attendance

here's simple math. giving an even fairer ticket price difference
18K x .85 x $1.00 = $15,300
15K x .85 x 1.50 = $19,125

so which team has more revenue again?
1729266966236.png

Ah...still just pulling random numbers. Here's your simple math. Florida and Winnipeg apparently make the same.

1729267241109.png

Also, no idea where you get your ticket pricing. Do you just spin some wheel and put down what it lands on??

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
there is no $40 tickets. maybe on stub hub the day before certain games...... but that isn't at all a typical price.

You can spend whatever you want but there were tons of tickets on Stub Hub for $25 (American) last year. Just because you want to use Ticketmaster doesn't mean there aren't other tickets out there for cheaper

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
I paid $75 for nosebleeds in Winnipeg.
I see lots of $20 tickets in Florida....
I see 8 markets with populations that are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE larger than winnipeg doing substantially less revenue.

using your 2022 numbers....

Winnipeg population ? 834678 Arena capacity? 15,321. Pay USD to athletes, collec CAD for Revenues.

Dallas population? 6,655,000 Arena seating? up to 19,323. all in USD...

yet less revenue than the Jets?... I guess Dallas is a failing franchise who are are leaving soon... where are all the threads about that?.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
For those frothing at the mouth to leverage this as some sort of proof that Canadian markets suck and have poor fan support - save your breath.

The only two Canadian markets that could at all be described as struggling are Winnipeg and Ottawa, and it isn't due to fan support. I travel to both places pretty regularly and the hockey teams are #1, 2, and 3 in terms of what people in both markets are thinking about.

The reason they are struggling is because both markets are borderline (being generous) big 4 sports markets for economic reasons. Ottawa is a government town with less corporate power than other markets that buy up seats and luxury suites. Ditto for Winnipeg, except a different government. The only way that NHL teams are even viable in these places to begin with is the massive fan support. If support was even lukewarm there aren't teams there, period.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
You can spend whatever you want but there were tons of tickets on Stub Hub for $25 (American) last year. Just because you want to use Ticketmaster doesn't mean there aren't other tickets out there for cheaper
those tickets are on stub hub....but they come from somebody selling them NOT TNSE...so in fact TNSE was already PAID the FULL PRICE of the ticket. and has no bearing on the actual REVENUE the team earns.

jetsmooseice

Up Yours Robison
Feb 20, 2020

There are indeed $40 tickets. This is a fact.

From the Jets directly, look at pricing for full-term season tickets.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I paid $75 for nosebleeds in Winnipeg.
I see lots of $20 tickets in Florida....
I see 8 markets with populations that are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE larger than winnipeg doing substantially less revenue.

using your 2022 numbers....

Winnipeg population ? 834678 Arena capacity? 15,321. Pay USD to athletes, collec CAD for Revenues.

Dallas population? 6,655,000 Arena seating? up to 19,323. all in USD...

yet less revenue than the Jets?... I guess Dallas is a failing franchise who are are leaving soon... where are all the threads about that?.
Ah, still using Skidooboy.com for your numbers. Why are you all the sudden saying Dallas has less revenue? What is your source for your revenue? I posted a chart that shows Dallas with over $200 million.
those tickets are on stub hub....but they come from somebody selling them NOT TNSE...so in fact TNSE was already PAID the FULL PRICE of the ticket. and has no bearing on the actual REVENUE the team earns.
Same with every team. Then, where are you seeing that ANY TEAM's average ticket price is $20? You keep making up numbers to fit your narrative that warm-weather teams are all losing money but you're just living in fantasy world with your completely made-up numbers.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Ah, still using Skidooboy.com for your numbers. Why are you all the sudden saying Dallas has less revenue? What is your source for your revenue? I posted a chart that shows Dallas with over $200 million.

Same with every team. Then, where are you seeing that ANY TEAM's average ticket price is $20? You keep making up numbers to fit your narrative that warm-weather teams are all losing money but you're just living in fantasy world with your completely made-up numbers.
sorry I was multitasking and mixed up the graphs.... i'll demonstrate what I mean in a bit.

again...what is your point about stub hub tickets and thoise prices when they don't actually impact revenue?

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
sorry I was multitasking and mixed up the graphs.... i'll demonstrate what I mean in a bit.

again...what is your point about stub hub tickets and thoise prices when they don't actually impact revenue?
You were using $20 for an average ticket price in Florida, which is actually about $100. Figured you were using some sort of broker site because there is no team with an average ticket price anywhere close to $20.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

According to the Florida Panthers season tickets website full season plans....Upper centre tix at their arena as low as $21 per game 903 per season

According to Winnipeg Jets website those same upper deck centre Ice tickets are $67 a ticket. Tickets | Winnipeg Jets | Winnipeg Jets

so I guess Skidooboy.com knows more than you do about ticket prices?

You were using $20 for an average ticket price in Florida, which is actually about $100. Figured you were using some sort of broker site because there is no team with an average ticket price anywhere close to $20.
ps I never said "Average price per ticket was $20" so stop strawmanning me.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
View attachment 918203

Ah...still just pulling random numbers. Here's your simple math. Florida and Winnipeg apparently make the same.

View attachment 918206
Also, no idea where you get your ticket pricing. Do you just spin some wheel and put down what it lands on??

Pretty interesting that the last two expansion teams, Vegas and Seattle, are already #8 and #16 in revenue and #3 and #4 in ticket prices.

Will be interested to see what sorts of numbers that Utah is able to put up in the next five years after the relocation by way of comparison.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad