Winnipeg Attendance

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
1729001849481.png

Sub 13k during a long weekend coming off a successful season + playoffs. What gives Winnipeg? The media keeps harping on how Quebec city deserves a team but given that Winnipeg is in the smallest arena and cannot sell out consistently with a good team in a larger market - I don't see any further teams in Canada.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If they're putting another team in Canada it should be somewhere like Hamilton/Markham/Oshawa or something. The area could definitely support another team besides the Leafs. There's a bunch of teams in the Metro in pretty close proximity, other sports have multiple teams in the same large population areas. Ontario produces more hockey players than anywhere else and having a lower cost of entry option compared to the Leafs would be successful. I'd like it as a Leafs fan, would be a fun rivalry.

Takeahnase

Jun 29, 2024
NLV
It's Winnipeg... This is supposed to be a NFL like market for Hockey I was told. Ottawa being on this list is dissapointing too but they are between Toronto and Montreal.
There’s an NFL team in Jacksonville, Florida.

Besides, I am pretty sure if the schedule was 8 home games like in football they would all be sold out. In short I am not sure what football has to do with anything.

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
meh, tickets are pretty expensive and COL is nuts right now and Winnipeg isn't exactly known for it's money. its very much a blue collar town. think if they would slash tikcet prices by 1/3, they would sellout no problem. And i have also heard from a few jets fans that they are not happy with ownership/management. I can totally understand that as a sens fan.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
It was Thanksgiving Sunday, lots of people were having dinner at the 5:00 puck drop, or traveling to see family, etc. The snow is going to fall very shortly and people are scrambling to be ready for it, too. This isn’t a concern.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I realize this is an extension from last year, but man...ready to pounce. Let's give it a month and see how demand is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad