GDT: Winners vs Hawks (losers)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If Wilson is close to returning and Barrie is going to play top-4 minutes we are going to have to trade some of our other defensemen.

How many of them are on one-way contracts?

Im fine with that. Zanon,ROB and Hunwick are all the same in my eyes...liabilities in all 3 zone would be glad if all 3 leave and leave soon.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Im fine with that. Zanon,ROB and Hunwick are all the same in my eyes...liabilities in all 3 zone would be glad if all 3 leave and leave soon.

That would leave our D something like:

EJ-Wilson
Hejda-Barrie
OB5-OB3/Hunwick/Zanon

Tough choice on who to keep to fill that bottom role :laugh:

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
They were talking about the Blackhawks streak and they went through every goal and seeing as how Duchene was a part of most of them they mentioned him a ton. And Barry Melrose was helping them out because they don't know hockey enough to assess the game and Barry was talking about how good he was and how good of a player it takes to outmuscle a guy like Keith for the puck on the McGinn goal and that he's playing like a star this season.
He also said he thinks Duchene is the fastest player in the league and was just gushing over every assist.
Talked more about Duchene taking over the game than the Blackhawks, really.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Okay what did Landeskog do tonight?

Apparently Keith took a shot at him behind the Hawks net, so Lando went and gave a little back, and then Bickell got in his face, dropped his gloves and started shoving/punching Landeskog, Bickell got 2 for roughing (I assume) and a 10 min Game Misconduct, Landeskog got 2 min for Cross Checking.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I get the feeling we may be making a bigger deal out of the Landy thing then some of the peeps on the Hawks board. I only saw a few mentions of it.

Either way, he's a 20 year old franchise player coming off a concussion in a 5-2 game, and Keith and the Hawks had started to play a chippy game, and Landy was finishing his checks on all of them. No reason he should be fighting a legit 6'4" heavyweight like Bickel. If anything he should have been fighting Keith for that extra curricular crap he was getting away with. I hope Bordy kicks Bickel's teeth in the next game for trying to jump in on the smaller guy.

New division rivalry seeds planted?

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
We are back to being only 4 points out of the playoffs!!! :D

We no longer have 2 games in hand....... :cry:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Okay what did Landeskog do tonight?

He played well on the defensive side of the puck, and threw a snarky tweet back at a Pejorative Slured/butt hurt Chicago fan tonight.

I have Landeskog on my fantasy team and I can tell you this...

Hes not hitting like he was before the concussion, not even close.

Tonight he had four shots on goal but he hasn't had more than one hit in four games, (5 games ago he had 4 hits, which was his 3 point beast game.) tonight he had no hits at all.

So hes cold offensively, and playing more positional than physical as of late. It does not really seem like hes 'changed' his game per-say... but it does seem like hes staying away the physical stuff.

His possession game also seems to be there as well, but he also (Beyond a few rushes to the net) seems to be staying away from planting himself down low in front of the net.

Him bringing every other area of his game besides hitting and standing in front of the net seems like a precaution to me... Just like not fighting Bickel tonight (I personally believe that had he not had a concussion recently he would have fought him). I would imagine they don't want him freight training anyone or fighting for a good while as insurance.

I don't know, I'm fine with being a little cautious... But a lot of his goals come from around the net and hes not going there unless it's off the rush (While trying to beat someone from the outside, we've seen him do that a few times since back). But hes not pulling it off the boards after a cycle/hit, and bulling his way to the net either causing a rebound or scoring for himself.

We'll see if some of that changes in the next couple of weeks when there is more time beyond the injury, but it's going to hurt his offensive game. Hes not a playmaker, his assists and goals come from causing turnovers and breaking pucks loose down low mostly.

I'd say he looks like hes running at about 75% IMO... Just not quite the complete dominate the game style we have seen from him in the past.

(Keep in mind, hes still battling along the wall, winning puck battles, carrying the puck up the ice through checks, and by no means playing on perimeter. But he isn't hitting and he isn't putting himself anywhere near the front of the net for any extended period of time IE asking to get hit.)

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Getting Landeskog, O'reilly, and now EJ back in succession has been huge. Now lets get Wilson and Barrie back in the lineup and we'll be a lot better off.

Should go

Wilson - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Zanon/Hunwick - O'brien/O'byrne

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
This was definitely the most complete game I've seen Colorado play in a long time. They played with energy and it's the kind of win that can turn a season around.

But with this team, I almost expect them to come out flat next game. They're a Jekyll & Hyde act.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Have to say, didn't get to watch any of tonight's game(Drunk right now hehe) but this is a game that will certainly be watched tomorrow. +4 for EJ(Wow), 4 pts for Duchene. 3 for PAP and Stastny. Seems like it was the perfect game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad