Post-Game Talk (GBU): Winnepeg Jets @ Buffalo Sabres 3PM 02/23/2020

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
WGR550 and BN have no pregame info on their websites. Nothing from the local TV stations either. They should look in the mirror before they criticize the management of the Sabres. This is a big game.

BN finally put an article 5 mins ago. :laugh:
Jonas Johansson to start in goal for Sabres vs. Jets
"Krueger said the Sabres will warm up with 13 forwards and seven defensemen before making the final decision for the lineup before the final game before Monday's NHL trade deadline."
Keep 'em guessing Ralph, you sly dog.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Projected lineups, starting goalies for today

Sabres projected lineup

Victor Olofsson -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart
Jeff Skinner -- Curtis Lazar - Michael Frolik
Jimmy Vesey -- Marcus Johansson -- Conor Sheary
Zemgus Girgensons -- Johan Larsson -- Kyle Okposo

Brandon Montour -- Rasmus Ristolainen
Rasmus Dahlin -- Colin Miller
Jake McCabe -- Henri Jokiharju

Jonas Johansson
Carter Hutton

Scratched: John Gilmour, Evan Rodrigues
Injured: Linus Ullmark (lower body), Tage Thompson (upper body), Vladimir Sobotka (lower body)

I like the Skinner-Lazar-Frolik line. I think it could work well for Skinner to play with some guys who can dig out the puck.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
I hate to say it but it looks like last year we were only 6 points out on this date.

Yes, but last year the team started strong and began falling apart heavily in February. This year's team is 6-3-1 in its last 10 games with wins coming against good teams. I think this year's team is trending in a different (positive) direction than last year's team, but we'll find out in March.

Maybe they went to Mighty Taco

I would've believed you if you said Taco Bell, but Mighty? Fake news.

Reactions: Chainshot

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Dahlin for Marner
Botterill: we hated to trade Dahlin but Toronto insisted. We're so deep on D we felt we could afford to make this move to acquire a much needed top 6 forward with term.
The most entertaining possibility is that Botts knows he's on the way out, trades our stars out of spite, forcing the league to step in and cancel the trades.

We might not improve on deadline day but it would be one of the more entertaining ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad