Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
In no Universe Raymond will get more than Tim Stutzle.
Why? Tim signed his deal coming off a 58 point season. What he did after he signed has very little bearing on the negotiations at the time.

Ray is coming off a 72 point season. If Yzerman wanted to extend Ray (or Mo) cheap(er) the time for that was last summer.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
?? = Bergy

BOLD PREDICTION - Danielson pushes Copp down to the 4th line.

Oh how I'd love that. But Danielson will probably not make the team

That's what training camp is for. Sean Avery motherf***ed his way onto the 01-02 Wings. I don't want to hear it from any player. If a rookie can break out of camp on the 01-02 Red Wings... any player can make any team from any level.

Berggren wants NHL time, he's got to demand that he's a top 6 forward. He's got to push to replace Kane, Tarasenko, Raymond, or Debrincat. Other than that... he's gotta learn to backcheck and do what third line wingers do. I mean, come on, it's not like he's being sat and not given top 6 time when Dan Cleary or Justin Abdelkader is sitting there.

Really? Should I point out what our team looked like before kane signed with us last year?

Reactions: heyfolks

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Based upon what?

I think Seider ends up closer to Slavin's contract (8x6.5) than Makar's 6x9. 8x7.75 for Seider.

And Tim Stutzle is from the same draft year and plays 1C for Ottawa and he got 8.385Mx8.

I wouldn't be shocked to see matching 8/60 or 8/62 million deals to Raymond and Seider. That would be 7.75M for each. I think the worries about anywhere close to 9 million are completely unfounded nonsense.
Two D coming out of their ELCs signed 8yr extensions this year. Why are you comparing Mo to a 30yo UFA or a 2nd contract signed 3 years ago?

Power and Sanderson are really the only recent comparables out there.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Fabbri is broken why call an Italian BlackSmith he'll be fixed in a jiffy

And Berggren had 15 goals and 13 assists in 67 games the year before in Detroit so what's going on?
not playing defense, which forces him down in the bottom 6 where he just cannot perform well. He has high offense IQ but there aren't a lot of high IQ players in the bottom 6

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
not playing defense, which forces him down in the bottom 6 where he just cannot perform well. He has high offense IQ but there aren't a lot of high IQ players in the bottom 6

At some point we either need to deal him or find a way to use him. In recent years we found ways to get something useful out of guys like Fabbri, Sprong, and Pius Suter, I have to think we can get something out of Berggren - even if the end result is just upping his trade value.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
The league is filled with defensively inept players playing in the top 6 and scoring.
yes but they usually have someone to take care of their inefficiencies. Larkin and compher already have to deal with kane and for most of last season's DBC lack of defense (and it was perron as well). Now they have to deal with berggren too? Just because he can provide offense doesn't mean it makes up for his defense.

To put it in a different way, if he scored 20 goals, pp or 5v5, but he was on the ice 5v5 with 30 goals against. Is it really worth it? He is a net negative at that point.

Reactions: Oddbob

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
This would have been a great signing... in 2014.

Funny how out of that Russian golden '10 JWHC team five players became superstars (Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Panarin, Tarasenko, and Kuznetsov) and three still are. But Tarasenko isn't one of them.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
yes but they usually have someone to take care of their inefficiencies. Larkin and compher already have to deal with kane and for most of last season's DBC lack of defense. Now they have to deal with berggren too? Just because he can provide offense doesn't mean it makes up for his defense.

To put it in a different way, if he scored 20 goals, pp or 5v5, but he was on the ice 5v5 with 30 goals against. Is it really worth it? He is a net negative at that point.
You just described Patrick Kane. Who scored 20 goals and was on the ice for 44 goals against.

Fyodorov

Apr 20, 2021
This would have been a great signing... in 2014.

Funny how out of that Russian golden '10 JWHC team five players became superstars (Kucherov, Vasilevsky, Panarin, Tarasenko, and Kuznetsov) and three still are. But Tarasenko isn't one of them.

..and it would have cost twice as much in 2014.

it's a great signing at this price.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
This and the Fabbri trade feel like they’re too little too late.

Great. We upgraded a 3rd line defensive liability for an old 2nd line option that also isn’t great defensively. We still missed on every RD of substance and downgraded on Ghost.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Would we be impressed if Yzerman maneuvered his way to the same roster +Tarasenko, Trouba, Talbot and minus Walman, Fabbri, Husso with the same cap structure going forward?

Probably, but Trouba was never an option and with the way Drury handled it I’d think Yzerman has his number on a do not answer list. So we have a gaping hole in 2RD and still have Husso.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Gus was better in a sheltered role on a superior team. There’s a reason he bounced around so much. And it’s not because his 5v5 defense is on Tanev’s level.
It could be at Lebda's level and still be better than Ghost at 5on5.

Ghost was literally on the most sheltered pairing in the league this past season.

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Probably, but Trouba was never an option and with the way Drury handled it I’d think Yzerman has his number on a do not answer list. So we have a gaping hole in 2RD and still have Husso.
If we could find a way to bring in Ekblad from the Panthers but there would be a number of moving parts to obtain him. He has been injury the last few years. He would sure add physicality and a mean streak to our blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad