Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Tarasenko to a 2 year deal

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
This is it! This is our year!

1000010210.png

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I assume they're expecting an arbitration filing from either Veleno or Berggren which will allow them to buy out Husso (which saves $3.1M).
very interesting. So, doing an arbitration for someone else on the roster opens up the buyout window for other players? Or am I misunderstanding?

I honestly don't believe Husso is getting bought out, at least not in the summer. It feels like there is going to be a goalie competition for talbot/husso/lyon and hope to get rid of one by middle of preseason.

I am more curious about berggren being traded somewhere as part of a package deal to get another player (LW or D)

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Arbitration number has to be 4 milloin or more, to enable extra buyout period.

Either guy isn't even near.
Good catch. I don't know how they'll clear up the goalie logjam, then. There aren't any logical openings for Husso around the league, even at 50% retained.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Probably Raymond and seider going to arbitration to enable buyout and then settle early?
neither are going to arbitration unless yzerman shits the bed hard.

This is an alright move, but unless he’s going to play his off wing I don’t see him putting up 55-60 points playing on a third line with Copp and Ras.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Cat Larkin Raymond
?? Compher kane
Ras Copp Tarasenko

Can bergren play left wing?

neither are going to arbitration unless yzerman shits the bed hard.

This is an alright move, but unless he’s going to play his off wing I don’t see him putting up 55-60 points playing on a third line with Copp and Ras.

Unless he wants to and talks to them about it in order to do buyouts?

I don't know the legality of all that. But I would think it's possible.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Cat Larkin Raymond
?? Compher kane
Ras Copp Tarasenko

Can bergren play left wing?

Yes, Bergy was a left winger in swedish league and also played LW with Raymond at same line for Sweden lately.

Ras - Larkin - Raymond
Cat - Compher - Kane
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
Motte - Copp - Fischer

This is how I see it now.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Yes, Bergy was a left winger in swedish league and also played LW with Raymond at same line for Sweden lately.

Ras - Larkin - Raymond
Cat - Compher - Kane
Berggren - Veleno - Tarasenko
Motte - Copp - Fischer

This is how I see it now.
I really hate cat and kane together except on the pp. He does better with Raymond and Larkin. All he does is look for kane otherwise

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Unless he wants to and talks to them about it in order to do buyouts?

I don't know the legality of all that. But I would think it's possible.
I seriously doubt either Seider or Raymond have any desire to play games around what will be the first massive contracts of their careers, much less in order to facilitate one of their teammates losing his job and a good chunk of change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad