Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Just catching up on the latest episode of the Winged Wheel Podcast and they interview noted skinny boy Carter Mazur.

He says "The weight room is somewhere I've been living the whole summer summer. I needed to put on weight and I feel like especially training in Detroit I have all the resources around me to do that. I feel like it's been a really successful offseason so far. "

And says he is currently at 6'1 185 lbs.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Just catching up on the latest episode of the Winged Wheel Podcast and they interview noted skinny boy Carter Mazur.

He says "The weight room is somewhere I've been living the whole summer summer. I needed to put on weight and I feel like especially training in Detroit I have all the resources around me to do that. I feel like it's been a really successful offseason so far. "

And says he is currently at 6'1 185 lbs.
That is huge for Mazur. He plays an NHL game, just needs to get that NHL body and I know its been talked about how he has struggled to put on weight before.

6'1 185 is still a bit smaller than ideal long term (for the grittier game he plays at least) but not unheard of at the NHL level. This is a huge step for him developmentally. If he can keep this up through next off season and get to the 195 area I think he has a really good shot at an NHL career. Heck he may even surprise in camp this year, but I think MBN, Danielson, and Kasper have the inside track on a rookie taking a forward spot.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
As someone who has been around a lot of FB players and how their weight regiments go, getting Carter up to 185 during the offseason is nice, but the true test will be, can he stay there during the season? Once he gets back to playing games on a regular basis, keeping that weight on for guys who struggle to gain can be very difficult.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Scouch has done a prospect pyramid series and just dropped his for Detroit. Nice perspective from a guy who has some intriguing angles for his rankings

He's noted as a big MBN fan. Couple surprises there but the important players are generally listed where we all see them mostly. One glaring one that everyone will immediately notice by the end of the video

Also both Johansson brothers are missing but he verbally mentioned AnJo. Nothing about AlJo

Reactions: Henkka

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Scouch has done a prospect pyramid series and just dropped his for Detroit. Nice perspective from a guy who has some intriguing angles for his rankings

He's noted as a big MBN fan. Couple surprises there but the important players are generally listed where we all see them mostly. One glaring one that everyone will immediately notice by the end of the video

Also both Johansson brothers are missing but he verbally mentioned AnJo. Nothing about AlJo

Talking about Niederbach and Kilpinen being interesting and zero mention of Mazur as a relevant prospect is... a take.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I don't know why people keep paying attention to those rankings. You take Scott Wheeler:

- For his prospect write-ups he usually re-uses his draft write-up in some cases adding some sentences on top of it.
- His proespect ranking is basically his draft ranking of several previous years mixed together with some guys randomly put up or down.

Basically he is half-assing it. It takes a lot of effort to follow every prospect for every organisation why also preparing for the next draft and it's not like people are going to be happy with the ranking otherwise. It is much easier to say, "I didn't like Edvinsson in the draft year,... checking eliteprospects... he is still in AHL, well draft take confirmed".

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
As someone who has been around a lot of FB players and how their weight regiments go, getting Carter up to 185 during the offseason is nice, but the true test will be, can he stay there during the season? Once he gets back to playing games on a regular basis, keeping that weight on for guys who struggle to gain can be very difficult.

I'm pretty sure most NHL guys over the season lose 20-25lbs over the course of the season. I also guarantee just like FB what they are listed as and actually are is a whole bunch of BS.

That said, if he can get to about 190 and not drop below 170 he should be able to hold up.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

thanks, i enjoy soyching

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
I'm pretty sure most NHL guys over the season lose 20-25lbs over the course of the season. I also guarantee just like FB what they are listed as and actually are is a whole bunch of BS.

That said, if he can get to about 190 and not drop below 170 he should be able to hold up.
No, most players do not lose 20-25 lbs over the season.

Reactions: person5000

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad