Kronwall-Hronek
Hicketts-Bowey
Chelios-McIlrath

Howard
Fulcher

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
If the Pens with that lineup can’t beat us with our lineup... Then I’ll never know anything and the world might end tomorrow lol

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
If the Pens with that lineup can’t beat us with our lineup... Then I’ll never know anything and the world might end tomorrow lol
I can't believe there are still people around here who struggle so much with the concept that any team can beat any team on any given night.

Reactions: Yooper906

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hopefully the Pens bring it tonight. Malkin playing should help.

This is the exact situation I think you, and many of us have been skeptical of. We know Larkin with help from Bert and Mantha has the game to go toe to toe with Sid and his line, but how does this team look different when it's Hirose, Helmer, and most importantly Athanasiou lining up against Malkin and Kessel.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I can't believe there are still people around here who struggle so much with the concept that any team can beat any team on any given night.

The bigger thing that I have trouble grasping is that people don't realize that Ken Holland basically did everything he could to have this team lose in this past week (that isn't lunacy that nobody does) and it didn't work. That roster, on a game in, game out basis, should be losing.

It should be so far lower caliber in talent depth wise than any team in the league not named Ottawa or Buffalo that it should take care of itself.

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
This is the exact situation I think you, and many of us have been skeptical of. We know Larkin with help from Bert and Mantha has the game to go toe to toe with Sid and his line, but how does this team look different when it's Hirose, Helmer, and most importantly Athanasiou lining up against Malkin and Kessel.

It will for sure be a bigger test on the defensive end for that 2nd line going against Malkin and Kessel. Again, I don't want the Wings to win this game, but I am excited to see the kids continue to progress. I am looking forward to the challenge of each teams top 2 lines playing against each other.

Is Letang injured?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
1) I hope Mike Green is healthy enough to count on for next October.
2) If #1 is true, I hope that means the following players are regulars on defense, night in and night out:

Green
DeKeyser
Hronek
Bowey
Cholowski

Cholo might still need another season in Grand Rapids, but it's still my hope. Which would mean they need at least one more regular, in addition to having 1-2 guys in a rotation. Hopefully there's a trade or free agent worth acquiring, so the Kronwall/Daley/Ericsson trio sees little to no ice time.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don't even know what the point of this win would be. The team is rolling and showing chemistry, everyone is feeling good. They've gotten what they needed to get. 8 wins in the last 10 is enough. We don't need to beat this thing to death just to gain some infinitesimally small amount of confidence. Especially not if we're hurting ourselves to do it.

Scratch Larkin, IMO. He has a hangnail.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
The bigger thing that I have trouble grasping is that people don't realize that Ken Holland basically did everything he could to have this team lose in this past week (that isn't lunacy that nobody does) and it didn't work. That roster, on a game in, game out basis, should be losing.

It should be so far lower caliber in talent depth wise than any team in the league not named Ottawa or Buffalo that it should take care of itself.

Or maybe the kids are just better then the old shitty veterans(on defense) that led to the downfall?

Who knows....

Reactions: Yooper906

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
1) I hope Mike Green is healthy enough to count on for next October.
2) If #1 is true, I hope that means the following players are regulars on defense, night in and night out:

Green
DeKeyser
Hronek
Bowey
Cholowski

Cholo might still need another season in Grand Rapids, but it's still my hope. Which would mean they need at least one more regular, in addition to having 1-2 guys in a rotation. Hopefully there's a trade or free agent worth acquiring, so the Kronwall/Daley/Ericsson trio sees little to no ice time.

Well that's why bringing kronwall back.makes ZERO sense. We have Daley green, and ericcson.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I don't even know what the point of this win would be. The team is rolling and showing chemistry, everyone is feeling good. They've gotten what they needed to get. 8 wins in the last 10 is enough. We don't need to beat this thing to death just to gain some infinitesimally small amount of confidence. Especially not if we're hurting ourselves to do it.

Scratch Larkin, IMO. He has a hangnail.

I think someone would get hulk smashed by Larkin if they told him to sit out while healthy just so the could lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad