News Article: "Wings must go all in for Draisaitl"

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
For the record I doubt he gets trade. If he does, I doubt it's to Detroit. If it is, I doubt he signs an extension. I hope I'm wrong...

Last edited:

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Ilitch would never let Yzerman make that kind of trade or sign that kind of contract.

While it would immediately fix our C issues, it would take a lot more than a first and a bunch of middle-of-the-roster prospects.

Edmonton needs to win now. To get Draisaitl the trade would look more like Seider + our next two firsts.
Ilitch doesn't do shit. What makes you think he's even invested in the team, let alone would veto Yzerman's moves?

Lmao no chance EDM does this
What if we threw Chiarot into the deal? He's be a good partner for Ceci.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I'm all for getting Drai , but it would gut our young assets before we even exit the "rebuild" fully. Don't see a team like Detroit trades for him without actually getting worse potentially. Edmonton wants to win now, so they are more interested in guys that can contribute now. McDavid is gone if they move Drai for guys who will play in 2 to 4 years and if we move Ray, Debrincat or whoever.. not a ton to play with when Drai gets here.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm so tired of these "trading for Draisatl" threads because the minute Draisatl get traded, you probably get the "McDavid demands trade" news. The Oilers literally can't trade him for anything short of an actual hockey trade, not any of this futures crap.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I'm all for it.

Rumors have been for a while that they'll move Draisaitl if they can't work out an extension, they're not going to let him be a UFA. Long-time yet to work that out.

Think it'd cost something like Raymond, Compher, Edvinsson, 15th pick or 2025 1strdp. Tough pill. That's also assuming a 13 million plus dollar extension per year. Really like Raymond/Edvinsson.

Prolly not happening... Idk if he'd want to sign but Mitch Marner/Draisaitl trade make more sense, or Saros maybe he'd wanna sign in Nashville. Fans are allowed to dream though, it's what keeps the site rolling.

Last edited:

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm so tired of these "trading for Draisatl" threads because the minute Draisatl get traded, you probably get the "McDavid demands trade" news. The Oilers literally can't trade him for anything short of an actual hockey trade, not any of this futures crap.
It would have to center around Seider. Even without Draisaitl, Edmonton is a conference-final caliber team and Seider would address a big area of concern for them.

IMO if I was Edmonton the ask from Detroit would be Seider+1st or Seider+Danielson.

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
No thanks. Don't feel comfortable losing the assets. I don't mind making a splash this offseason, but the amount of salary required for this in addition to hobbling what's being built makes it a no go.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If Edmonton is committed moving Draisaitl, there's so much salary and thus moving parts that it's difficult to create a two team trade that's perfectly balanced. You'd be looking at multiple teams and moves with all the assets involved.

Futures from one trade can get leveraged for roster players in another. But it gets convoluted quick so I'm not in a hurry to start making projected lineups.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I'd be willing to put together almost any package for Drai that doesn't involve Seider and Raymond. It's hard to do a trade involving either of those two mostly because of their ages and the fact that even with Drai, we're not going to contend for at least a couple years... But even they would be on the table depending on what else we have in mind

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
No thanks. Don't feel comfortable losing the assets. I don't mind making a splash this offseason, but the amount of salary required for this in addition to hobbling what's being built makes it a no go.
It would depend largely on who is going to Edmonton, but we aren't getting a player of Draisaitl's talent through the draft or free agency. So long as Yzerman is good with the cost, adding a player of Leon's skill would be a massive shot of adrenaline.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm all for getting Drai , but it would gut our young assets before we even exit the "rebuild" fully. Don't see a team like Detroit trades for him without actually getting worse potentially. Edmonton wants to win now, so they are more interested in guys that can contribute now. McDavid is gone if they move Drai for guys who will play in 2 to 4 years and if we move Ray, Debrincat or whoever.. not a ton to play with when Drai gets here.
Prospects are prospects. All these guys could end up being Jurco, Pulkinen, Ouellette,Smith,Kindl Sheahan etc etc...

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad