Proposal: Wings/Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Value is very high. But we don't need to add any more wingers unless they are very high quality. I don't know if a Trouba to Det trade is in the cards. I wouldn't do this from either teams perspective. Definitely not from Detroit's.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Plus on the wrong side bud lol out of your mind if you think Trouba is more valuable than Larkin

I didn't state that I thought that Trouba was worth more than Larkin. I essentially said that it would take an eye-opener to get them to trade him. The Jets aren't offering Trouba out to anyone as near as I can tell, so am operating under the assumption they aren't the ones trying to make a deal here; that would be the Wings.

The Jets are adding Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor this season. Not looking for equal value if trading Trouba; am looking to improve the skill-level in the Jets lineup, today.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I didn't state that I thought that Trouba was worth more than Larkin. I essentially said that it would take an eye-opener to get them to trade him. The Jets aren't offering Trouba out to anyone as near as I can tell, so am operating under the assumption they aren't the ones trying to make a deal here; that would be the Wings.

The Jets are adding Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor this season. Not looking for equal value if trading Trouba; am looking to improve the skill-level in the Jets lineup, today.

Agreed

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Value is good but Trouba only gets dealt for another defencemen of equal value or better value with an add from our end if the player is better. We have to many wingers as it is.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Don't take it personally.
The Jets have a lot of forwards, and a lot of bottom 6 depth depth if you include prospects that might fill that role. I don't believe the Jets are willing to trade forward prospects like Kyle Connor or Roslovic for help on the blueline. Defense at the moment is where we're thin and Trouba regardless of how other teams perceive his value, is very important to us due to the lack of high end D prospects in our system and none being NHL ready.
It's hard to make a trade because we need solid defense and trading Trouba in most cases would only make us worse.
Now if there were any teams willing to trade a solid Left Defenseman for prospects like Armia, Dano, Petan...and I think Stafford or Lowry would be available to sweeten the pot, there would probably be more receptive fans from the Jets side of things.

Last edited:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We are not a good trading partner with anyone if the deal involves Trouba. Literally nothing makes any sense. We need young defensemen.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Trouba

To Ducks: Nyquist + Det. 2017 2nd.

To Jets: Fowler + Det. 2017 1st.

To Wings: Trouba

Everybody is happy:

Ducks get a top 6 forward

Jets get a top 4 LH dman

Wings get a top 4 RH dman from Michigan with lots of potential upside

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Everybody is happy:

Jets get a top 4 LH dman

Would still pass a Jets fan. We have Trouba under team control for more years, and he's already better and younger than Fowler. There's no reason to trade Trouba, unless someone is willing to give up a clearly better defenseman than him.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Everybody is happy:

Jets get a top 4 LH dman

I think a 3 way is the only way Detroit would get Trouba, Seeing that we really don't have the top 4 LHD that they would need. But unfortunately i still don't see the Jets doing it.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think a 3 way is the only way Detroit would get Trouba, Seeing that we really don't have the top 4 LHD that they would need. But unfortunately i still don't see the Jets doing it.

I know many Jets fans have written many, many times about the Jets' need for top 4 LHD--and it's true, in a sense--but that's not really a need in a Trouba trade.

If Trouba is traded the Jets need a top pairing defenceman under 24. Left handed, right handed, ambidextrous, whatever--they need to be as good and (nearly) as young as Trouba. The Jets don't have anyone else who could conceivably be a #1 D during Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, and Hellebuyck's primes.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No to the OP not interested in shipping out DeKeyser and that package should bring back a more established defenseman. Winnipeg and Detroit aren't great trading partners since they already have a surplus of wingers.

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
I know many Jets fans have written many, many times about the Jets' need for top 4 LHD--and it's true, in a sense--but that's not really a need in a Trouba trade.

If Trouba is traded the Jets need a top pairing defenceman under 24. Left handed, right handed, ambidextrous, whatever--they need to be as good and (nearly) as young as Trouba. The Jets don't have anyone else who could conceivably be a #1 D during Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, and Hellebuyck's primes.

You're assuming Byfuglien drops off considerably. He might as he ages, but it's certainly conceivable that he'll remain awesome for a number of years yet.

richardsequalscup*

DeKeyser is nice, but not enough for Trouba. Jets don't really need more wingers.

Since when did Trouba ever show he was going to become a top defenseman? Talk about overvaluing a player.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Since when did Trouba ever show he was going to become a top defenseman? Talk about overvaluing a player.

Here are the results of a statistical analysis of defensemen performance, which accounts for quality of teammates, quality of competition, etc. Trouba is close to the top percentile in the NHL in performance that is correlated to goal differential.

CnQYqNHUkAAlhiq.jpg

Now, where is your evidence to show that Trouba should not be considered as heading towards becoming a top defenseman?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
You're assuming Byfuglien drops off considerably. He might as he ages, but it's certainly conceivable that he'll remain awesome for a number of years yet.

You're certainly right but in three years Byfuglien's full NMC becomes a list of five (ten?) teams he can't be traded to so there may be a better option at that point.

In any case, the Jets should plan on their window being longer than just Byfuglien's prime.

He possesses the puck like an animal.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
The value as a whole is absolutely there and favors WPG, however it doesn't really fill a need as we're already busting at the seem with F prospects. I say thanks but no thanks.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
That's a good value for TROUBA but if trouba is going, it needs
to be a Left shot D with similar potential or value. Expansion exempt.

Proposal for Trouba can't be quantity for quality.

Thanks

My feelings as well. Really good attempt at an offer but nothing in there that we really need. If DD was a lefty or expansion exempt, that would change everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad